Complaint Review: DishNetwork

• Submitted: Tue, November 13, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 13, 2007

• Reported By:Arlington Texas
9601 S. Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado U.S.A.

DishNetwork Contract and Billing Fraud Englewood Colorado

I signed up for DishNetwork services and carefully read the contract that I signed. When I received my bill I noticed an additional $10/month Program Access fee. I called Dish and they said the fee was being charged because I didn't keep my receiver plugged into my telephone. I told them that I would not keep it connected to my phone and that no where in my contract was this fee mentioned or allowed.

They responded with e-mails stating that this fee was necessary to give me quality service but it would be waived if I would plug the receiver into my phone line. Conspicuously absent from the reply was their pointing out any mention of this fee in my agreement.

After two months of e-mails and phone calls, I have gotten no where and have filed mail fraud charges with the USPS and the Texas Attorney General. All of my research has revealed that DishNetwork consistently engages in fraudulent business practices. Will a consumer protection law firm please pick this up. If they are ripping me off, I am sure they are doing it to their other two million customers.

Arlington, TX

Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2007 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DishNetwork/Englewood-Colorado-80112/DishNetwork-Contract-and-Billing-Fraud-Englewood-Colorado-284567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DishNetwork