Complaint Review: Dishnetwork

• Submitted: Sun, October 23, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, October 23, 2005

• Reported By:Coarsegold California
Dishnetwork
90 Inverness Circle East Englewood, Colorado U.S.A.

Dishnetwork Deceptive business practices ripoff Englewood Colorado

I have been a dish net customer in good standing since 2001 . I just moved to a house in the mountains and had to wait 2 weeks to get moved in. When I called to have Dish network installed at the new house, I told them that I wanted HD programming since I was buying a new HD tv and to also include the local channels with my previous channel package. I was led to believe when I signed up that there would be a rental fee that would apply for the HD reciever.

After I got my TV a couple of weeks later I noticed I didn,t have HD or local programming and called dish net to inquire and was then told that the only thing they showed that I ordered was just the regular programming package. They said they could add the local channels for $4.99 a month but the HD programing required a HD reciever that I would have to buy for around $460.00.

That's the first that I had heard of that. I knew that Directv had a $200.00 rebate off their $400.00 reciever so it stands to reason if they had told me about the price of the HD reciever I would have gone with Directv instead. I talked to a customer rep who said that the only thing they could do was give me a free month.

Not happy I hung up and called back a couple of days later and talked to another customer service employee who seemed like he understood my situation and offered to get a cs manager for me. This young woman got on the phone and started to be-rate me and tell me it was all my fault for not asking the right questions and that she new that the sales person had told me about the $400.00 equipment charge and this whole situation was my fault. I have NEVER encountered such a rude employee in my 60 years.

When I told her that I didn't think we had a binding contract because I didn't recieve what I signed up for, she said too bad, your committed for a year. I contacted Directv and they installed what I asked for. I called Dish net to cancel my service and only then, did they offer me a HD reciever for $49.95. I told them that it was to late that I had already switched to Directv, and that they should have made the offer the first two times that I called. They informed me they were charging me a $240.00 cancelation fee.

I feel ripped off since (1)I only agreed to sign back on with a HD programming package which I didn't recieve. Which to me makes this transaction null and void. (2) Dish net's residental disclosure on the web say's that additional charges may apply for early termination but does not specify the amount,which I believe to in violation of current law.

Robert
Coarsegold, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2005 11:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dishnetwork/Englewood-Colorado-80160/Dishnetwork-Deceptive-business-practices-ripoff-Englewood-Colorado-161831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dishnetwork