Complaint Review: Dishnetwork

• Updated: Wed, September 21, 2011

• Reported By: Carlos — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Dishnetwork

Dishnetwork Guaranteed Quality is not on the contract! Internet

After being upset with Verizon FIOS prices I decided to go with Dishnetwork! They had one of the lowest prices. Technician came at night and it took a while to get everything setup. Looked at a couple of channels and the picture seemed fine flipping though. After he left I started to watch my usual programming to find the picture quality lackluster!!!

Called that nite and they sent a technician the very next morning since I was highly irate and they wouldn't cancel my 2 hour old contract!

I had Verizon FIOS on HDMI 2 input of my TV and Dishnetwork on HDMI1 even switched them around without change for the tech. The tech agreed with my findings called his supervisor that told him that nothing will really compare to FIOS when FIOS is fed right to your home!

While there I asked Dishnetwork to speak with Technician they refused, so I gave the phone to the Tech and he spoke to Dishnetwork. Dishnetwork stated that they didn't care and that the "Quality" talked about in the advertisements is NOT in the contract. After researching the contract they are right! QUALITY is NOT in the contract.

I believe that's false advertising but who am I. For the past little over a year, I have Dishnetwork in my garage gathering dust and pay a monthly minimum of $10 a month for 2 years vice the $400 cancellation fee. I still have Verizon FIOS and rather pay the higher fee for that incredible quality, MOST number of On Demand Movies and Channel lineup!!!

If you truly love quality go ask an engineer, FIOS cannot be beat!!!

Dishnetwork can't cancel a contract within a 4 hour window UNBELIEVABLE!!! Their new slogan should be: "Once you sign, YOU are DONE!!!" Two years.... See ya!!!!!

By the way when they said "I am sorry you FEEL..." stop them and state, NO, this is not a feeling it is a measurable lack of quality, NOT a FEELING!!!! Math, signals, video, audio ARE MEASURABLE! Congress should look into the measurements NOT the feeling!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2011 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dishnetwork/internet/Dishnetwork-Guaranteed-Quality-is-not-on-the-contract-Internet-779420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dishnetwork