Complaint Review: Dishonest Scam Lawyer Michael Berry of Clearwater, Florida

• Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: Direct Voice — Tampa Florida United States of America
Dishonest Scam Lawyer Michael Berry of Clearwater, Florida
33 North Garden Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Dishonest Scam Lawyer Michael Berry of Clearwater, Florida Liar, Scam, Dishonest Attorney Michael Berry Steals From Clients: False Promises, Don't Trust Him Clearwater, Florida

*General Comment: Think

Not to long ago I had dealings with Clearwater Florida attorney Michael Berry and found the man to be dishonest, sneaky, and a smooth-talking fear-monger that tries to exploit potential clients' concerns and worries in family law matters in order to take as much money from them as possible.  There is something very shady about this man. He is a very smooth operator who uses subtle issues like a well staged play. For example, I sat in his office during a consultation one day and discussed my case.

Berry had all the props carefully on display for me to see. And he spoke about my children and that what we needed to do was act in a certain way to protect them (I will not expand on this but will say the man is off his rocker, which is underscored with what I am about to share).

Anyway, when I first entered his office, he said to me he was expecting an important phone call regarding an international child kidnapping case and that he would have to take that call if it came thru during our meeting, and that he instructed his secretary to only put through that one particular call.  Of course I had no issue with this. As I soon would learn it was a prop and tool used to impress me and scam me into departing with a lot of my money.

So about 45 minutes into my consultation (paid), Mr. Berry's office phone rings. He tells me it must be the call from the government regarding his action to bring back this abducted child. I nod my head in agreement and notice the light on the phone line stay on as he picks up the call.  While he does, he also carefully tosses a few sheets of paper (props) over the phone in a casual manner so that I would not think anything of it. And at first I did not.

What I did do was sit across Berry and listen in awe as he feverishly talked about this specific case: the child's rights, the wrath of G-d, lawsuites, etc.  It would have been very impressive if not for the fact that I the papers that Berry through on the phone allowed me to see if the phone light was still on. It had only stayed on for less than two minutes of his fake rage!!!

I could not believe what I was watching!  Hot-shot lawyer Michael Berry faked a phone call with some government officials - screamed and yelled and threatened NOBODY. THERE WAS NOBODY ON THE OTHER END OF THE PHONE!!!! It was a scam orchestrated I am sure by him and his secretary to make me think he was some tenacious legal pitbull. He is not. Michel Berry is a dishonest man and a shyster. Do not do business with him.

I am so angry and appalled at what I witnessed.  I am sure G-d will work this out with Mr. Berry the way it needs to be worked out. But I am 100% certain nobody was on that call, and the casual glances at his watch before picking up the papers to use as props before the fake phone call were clever acting displays, but they were also the act of an evil, dishonest man.

As for finding a family lawyer in Tampa, I suggest hiring someone who is both a good lawyer and an honest lawyer.  I think good lawyers are honest lawyers. Michael Berry is neither a good lawyer or an honest lawyer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2012 06:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dishonest-Scam-Lawyer-Michael-Berry-of-Clearwater-Florida/Clearwater-Florida-33755/Dishonest-Scam-Lawyer-Michael-Berry-of-Clearwater-Florida-Liar-Scam-Dishonest-Attorney-928516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dishonest Scam Lawyer Michael Berry of Clearwater, Florida

#1 General Comment

Think

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

You have to be kidding me lady.  You contacted a complete stranger who specializes in finding abducted children around the world which is an amazing job and you told him your husband was keeping the kids in Brazil, and after he started workng on it your father called your husband and your husband sais he is coming back.  So that is the fault of the lawyer???  How was he suppose to know???  Why didnt your father call your husband  before you hired this guy???

What was the lawyer suppose to do call your husband and say  Hi, this is your wifes lawyer in the U.S. are you stealing the kids because if you are Im coming!  Why didnt YOU call your husband you idiot???  And you THINK maybe the lawyer did a background check on your parents and you THINK maybe he was doing it to find out how much money you had to spend.  MAYBE he was checking you out to make sure you are not lying to him dont you THINK!!!  You must be a complete idiot.  Dont you watch Jailed Abroad on TV.

This guy was about to risk his life to go to Brazil!!!  The fact that your husband lied to you, or your just an idiot, is this guys problem??? Get a life! Dont you know anything about Brazil???  Dont you know that Brazil keeps kids from U.S. dads even if their mother died in Brazil and they ignore what the U.S. courts say, look it up!!!  And the money, he wanted how much?  Gees it probably costs 5 grand just to travel to Brazil and stay a few days its at the bottom of South America.  I wouldnt go to Brazil for less than a 100 grand and I dont know how to do what this guy does.  Your pretty nave blaming this guy for your miserable marriage dont you THINK???