Complaint Review: Disney Movie Club

• Updated: Wed, March 05, 2014

• Reported By: Xellon — Rosedale Maryland
Disney Movie Club
Internet USA

Club Disney Movie Club won't leave me alone, tricks people into joining, charged my credit card without authorization on both my old and new card, how they found my new card number is beyond me! Internet

I signed up through Disney Movie Club a couple years ago on a site called Instant Rewards where you make money by promoting other companies products and services. In order to qualify for payments, you must complete a certain amount of offers and I signed up with disney movie club. They falsly advertised by saying there was a free trial, a very nice trick to find victims to take money from. When I called to cancel they said I couldn't' cancel untill I buy more DVDs and/or Blu-Rays. Disney Movie Club sends you dvds/blu rays unless you refuse something called a "featured title" online and you can continue to do so. but 2 years later, they said I owed them a good chunk of money even though they charged me a few times through out the years. They said they were going to charge my credit card.

So I called my credit card company and asked them for new numbers on my card. After that, Disney Movie Club didn't bother me for a couple months. However, Yesturday, they charged me around $70 on my new replacement card. How did they get my new card number? Also, citi bank fefunded my money back to me before I even got a chance to contact them about the issue (thank you citi bank). But then Disney Club charged me $60 for more for 3 dvds even though they already canceled my account and I never told them to send it to me! Why in the world is the little mermaid over $30-$40 when I can buy it on amazon for half that! So now I can't refuse featured titles anymore, they seem to be dead set on sending me DVDs forever untill I Pay this "comitment' fee their talking about and I refuse to do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 11:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Disney-Movie-Club/internet/Club-Disney-Movie-Club-wont-leave-me-alone-tricks-people-into-joining-charged-my-credit-1128394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Disney Movie Club