Complaint Review: Disney Movie Club

• Submitted: Mon, April 19, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 20, 2010

• Reported By: Caryn — Pennsylvania United States of America
Disney Movie Club

Disney Movie Club canceled long time membership, then received a bill for the last CANCELED directors choice, never rcvd Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Disney Movie Club cancellation concern

I had been a member for years.  I had ordered many DVDS, beyond membership requirements.  Several times I had canceled the directors choice but still received it.  I had sent some back but others kept, mainly because they were charging my credit card and I forgot to mail them back.  I had been trying to cancel the membership, however they make it very difficult, as you can not cancel online and it takes a lot of searching to find the 800 number to call and you are on hold for a very long time only sometimes to be disconnected. My credit card had expired and I never gave them a new one. Finally I had the time (as you have to put aside several hours to find number and be on hold) to call and cancel.  I had just declined my directors choice.  While online searching for the number I noticed on my account that the DVD I had canceled was shipping!  When I finally spoke to a CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON, She said she would take care of it  and I would not receive the DVDs. I did not receive them as she said.  But then I started getting a bill for them. (it was a double dvd that month)  I wrote a letter in response, no answer but kept getting bills. Several letters later trying to resolve this issue still no response.  Then a collection letter!  Which I responded to with copies of my letters.  No reponse, but another letter asking me to resolve the issue.  Well, that is exactly what I have been trying to do for over a year! Lesson learned never join a membership.  Can't wait to tell this story on my friends busy website.  Sharing on all the social sites also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2010 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Disney-Movie-Club/internet/Disney-Movie-Club-canceled-long-time-membership-then-received-a-bill-for-the-last-CANCEL-594661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Disney Movie Club

Disney Movie Club cancellation concern

AUTHOR: Disney Movie Club Member Advocate - (United States of America)

Good day,

I regret the difficulties you have experienced with your Disney Movie Club account. I can help you with this. Please contact me directly at 800-459-7002 for assistance. Thank you,

Member Advocate, Disney Movie Club