Complaint Review: Disney Movie Rewards

Disney Movie Rewards
www.disneymovierewards.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Disney Movie Rewards Customer Service is Lacking USA California

*Author of original report: Problem Solved - Points Refunded 9/20/07

To begin with, I am a huge fan of Disney. I am a member of (paid in full) the Disney Vacation Club, and support their products. My only problem with Disney is their Disney Movie Rewards program. For those who are not aware of what it is, I will explain. Everytime you purchase a qualified Disney movie, or attend a new release at the theater, you can enter the supplied code to accumulate points. On average each movie purchased is worth 100 points.

To date, we have saved up 1725 points. With your saved points, you can trade them in for rewards. Thus the program is named "Disney Movie REWARDS".

My son wanted to redeme 500 points to get a year subscription to the Disney Adventure Magazine. This transaction was processed on 6/3/07. The site says clearly to expect a 6 - 8 week turn around time. In mid August we had not received any issues, so I sent an email to check on it. I received an email back stating that it was being researched.

During this time I also learned that the magazine was no longer going to be published in the near future, so I sent another email on 8/25/07 asking to have the 500 points refunded. I felt that this was the easiest way to end the earlier transaction, and would also allow my son to pick something else that he wanted. From this email, I received the same response that it was being researched.

On 9/5/07, I called the 800 number provided on the site, and spoke with a customer service rep. She confirmed that my email was received on 8/25, but it was still being researched. I asked for a resolution timeframe, but she was unable to give me one. I really do not see what vast amount of research is for. The points were redemed for a magazine that was never sent, and the easiest course of action would be to just refund the points. I am not really sure what I am suppost to do from here, but I guess I can write Mickey a letter.

Jeff
Brandywine, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2007 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Disney-Movie-Rewards/nationwide/Disney-Movie-Rewards-Customer-Service-is-Lacking-USA-California-274613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Disney Movie Rewards

Problem Solved - Points Refunded 9/20/07

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

I am not sure if your site helped or not, but an email was sent 3 days after the report was filed saying that the points would be refunded. Thanks Ripoffreports.com and thanks DisneyMovieRewards.com.