Complaint Review: Disney Store

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Stephanie — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Disney Store
10300 Southside Blvd. #122 Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Disney Store The Disney Store refuses to refund or replace defective items Jacksonville, Florida

On Monday, September 10, I went to my local Disney Store #393 at the Avenues Mall in Jacksonville, Florida to buy one of the new limited edition "Disney Designer Villains" dolls. Because these dolls were so limited, Disney only sent out a few to each store, which were raffled off to customers who put their names in a drawing. There were nearly 50 people there, and I was fortunate enough (or so I thought) to get my name drawn to buy a doll.

The workers at the store only drew one name at a time and wouldn't draw the next until the prior person has checked out at the registers and left, so by the time I got to the cashier, I had been at the store waiting for approximately 2 hours. I bought my doll and left. When I got home, I took the outer cardboard sleeve off my doll and was horrified to find that the acrylic case she came in was horribly scratched up. Disney Store's return policy clearly states that limited edition items may only be returned if found defective, which mine clearly was.

When I returned to the same Disney Store #393, with my defective doll and receipt, I was told that I could not return her and the store manager Rachel, hinted that it was my fault for not inspecting the doll, among the throng of people waiting, before I left the store. Nowhere in the return policy does it state that this is necessary, only that it be within 30 days with a receipt, which mine was. My return is clearly within the policy limits laid out by the Disney Store themselves but they not allowing me to do so because they gave me a defective item! This is wrong on so many levels. They did not produce a quality product, I should be able to return it as their policy allows!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Disney-Store/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Disney-Store-The-Disney-Store-refuses-to-refund-or-replace-defective-items-Jacksonville-F-944216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Disney Store