Complaint Review: Distinct Advantage - Capital TAID - Freedom Gold

• Submitted: Mon, May 16, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, May 16, 2005

• Reported By:Sandy Ridge North Carolina
Distinct Advantage - Capital TAID - Freedom Gold
10500 Ulmerton Rd. Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Distinct Advantage - Capital TAID - Freedom Gold ripoff, aggressive, cheating Largo Florida

A telemarketer called from Distinct Advantage. He was very aggressive, and offered $100 for gas and other gifts, if I would look at their information. He required my checking account number, but promised I would have time to refuse the offer, no money would be taken from my account without my permission, and it would be confidential.

I received the info on 4-14, and it said I had to refuse by 4-8 or I would be charged 59.95. I called to cancel the membership, and check at the bank for withdrawals on 4-15. No withdrawals had been made, so I made a stop payment on Distinct Advantage, just in case.

On 5-15-05, the bank said I was overdrawn. In their records, two checks had come in. One from Capital TAID for $59.95. Another from Freedom Gold for $149.00. Neither of these names appears in the Distinct Advantage info. and I didn't know them. These withdrawals were unexpected and destroyed my budget.

It is obvious to me that Distinct Advantage did not keep my account number confidential. They avoided the stop payment by taking the money ($59.95) under another name. Freedom Gold taking $149.00 is outright theft.

Since Distinct Advantage and Freedom Gold have the same address, they are connected. Since Capital TAID took the exact amount of Distinct Advantage's charges, I think they're connected. I called their Customer service numbers and the messages are almost exactly the same. You do not get a real person.

I've seen reports in here on Capital TAID and Freedom Gold, and their fraud. Now I'm adding Distinct Advantage to them. All I can say is I'm keeping after these people. I need my money back.

Sandy Ridge, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2005 09:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Distinct-Advantage-Capital-TAID-Freedom-Gold/Largo-Florida-33771/Distinct-Advantage-Capital-TAID-Freedom-Gold-ripoff-aggressive-cheating-Largo-Florid-142989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Distinct Advantage - Capital TAID - Freedom Gold