Complaint Review: Distinct Advantage, Freedom Gold Membership

• Submitted: Fri, September 15, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, September 15, 2006

• Reported By:Washington, District of Columbia
Distinct Advantage, Freedom Gold Membership
10500 Ulmerton Road, Suite 726-302 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Distinct Advantage, Freedom Gold Membership ripoff Largo Florida

It all started after receiving a call around August 18, 2006 on my cell phone about a a free two-week trial membership with Distinct Advantage. To make a long story short they have these wonderful incentives to try the membership package which they would mail. They then asked for the routing number and account number of my checking account (what an a@@ I was). I then gave them the information however, I was told that no monies would come out until two weeks after getting the membership package.

A week went by, no package another week went by no package. in the interim, I never received the package however, on September 5, 2006, $149 was stolen from account. I immedidately called my bank to ask what this transaction was and they informed me that it was a check--I responded that I don't even have checks numbers that high. They gave me a number that I could call and it was Freedom Gold. I informed Freedom Gold after realizing what had just happened that I never received a package from them. They informed me that they could resend it. I informed them that I was no longer interested in their product, to cancel what ever it was they were supposed to have sent me and afterwards lose all the information they had on me and I wanted my funds returned.

I was told that I would have to write the cancellation # on a peice of paper--"nothing fancy" by a person who called herself Dawn. I then mailed the letter; however, on September 12, 2006, Distinct Advantage again stole $59.95 from my account. I have to tell you I am livid. If I were in Largo, FL I don't believe I could be held accountable for my actions.

This is my question, these companies have the exact same address; and can't share that I'm cancelling? They didn't have a problem sharing information to steal my funds.

This will definitely be the first and last time I will ever accept anything that needs information about my funds over the phone. I should have listened to myself the first time. However, I had the second voice saying, mmmmmmm, sounds good.

This is the perfect example of anything that sounds too good to be true, probably is. I will however, be going to the bank to dispute all the charges I have incurred and if need be take whatever legal steps necessary to ensure that this doesn't happen to others.

My plans are to take whatever steps necessary to have my funds returned to my account and hopefully ensure that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

In closing, I advise anyone reading this message, to not trust this company. Distinct Advantage/Freedom Gold, or whatever they may call themselves policies employees are rude, obnoxious and very ivasive. The company's policies are illusive with plans to embezzle innocent people's funds with no ing in my opinion plans to abscond with people's funds. D o n ' t L e t T h i s H a p p e n to Y o u.

Edwina
Washington,, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2006 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Distinct-Advantage-Freedom-Gold-Membership/Largo-Florida-33771/Distinct-Advantage-Freedom-Gold-Membership-ripoff-Largo-Florida-211146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Distinct Advantage, Freedom Gold Membership