Complaint Review: Distinct Advantage - Teleflex - FreedomGold

• Submitted: Thu, November 03, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, November 03, 2005

• Reported By:olympia Washington
Distinct Advantage - Teleflex - FreedomGold
10500 Ulmerton Rd., Suite 726-302 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Distinct Advantage - Teleflex - FreedomGold Got My Husband ripoff attempt, scam Largo Florida

Last night, a man called my husband from Distinct Advantage. My husband is a bit naive, and the man's spiel sounded good. He said this was a reward for having a premium checking account(!) and that as a result we'd get a gas card, airline vouchers, and $5000 credit line, etc. The man asked a few questions, gave my husband his routing number, and my husband, sadly, told him our checking account number.

I had a bad feeling (I'm more used to handling the finances and dealing with telemarketers) about this, and my husband finally told me to just look them up on the internet - that's why I found this website. I immediately tried to call to cancel everything, but of course, all offices were closed and I couldn't talk to anyone. I called my bank and they said the only thing I coudl do was to close my checking account. Of course, I don't want to do that, I do all of my business online and just recently changed everything over to this account (we just moved here).

What I've done so far was to call Distinct Advantage at 866-545-5486 and tell them I wasn't interested and wanted NO charges from their company or FreedomeGold. The man said he had nothing to do with Freedom Gold(!), but told me their phone number. I called them at 1-800-853-0473, and got an automated recording that told me my phone number and gave me the option to cancel. Then I came back to this site and saw a few other company names (Capital Taid, Teleflex, and Suntasia).

I still cannot find a main number for Suntasia. I called Capital Taid (Capital Vacations), and they told me they weren't one of the companies who would take our money and I didn't need to cancel anything from them, but I'd need to call Teleflex at 866-821-8674. I got another automated recording just like Freedom Gold's. The man at Capital Vacations assured me that Distinct Advantage, Freedom Gold, and Teleflex were the ONLY companies that would have charged my account and they were all I would have to worry about. I sincerely hope he was being honest about that, but I will still be watching my account activity VERY closely for awhile. I really do not want to have to close my checking account or anything, hopefully I've called all the companies involved and in enough time to stop anything further from happening.

Kati
olympia, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2005 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Distinct-Advantage-Teleflex-FreedomGold/Largo-Florida-33771/Distinct-Advantage-Teleflex-FreedomGold-Got-My-Husband-ripoff-attempt-scam-Largo-Flor-163237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Distinct Advantage - Teleflex - FreedomGold