• Report: #1019646

Complaint Review: Distinctive Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, February 24, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Annapolis Maryland United States of America
Distinctive Inc.
2405 York Rd #2 Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland United States of America

Distinctive Inc. Unprofessional, Pushy, Arrogant Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: wait a minute here

This company is highly unprofessional and should be avoided. They will take anyone willing to work for them, no matter their skill set.

I'm highly educated and was looking for a new career path. I was still employed with another company when I applied. I started my interview process with them and was hired. I told the manager I couldn't start until after a certain date. They were pushy and kept trying to make me stay to shadow other employees while I was promised they would respect my full two weeks notice to my actual employer at the time. Mind you, as you shadow your future co-workers you DO NOT get paid and they will try to make you stay longer then you would like.

There is tons of vulgar language and swearing going on throughout the office. There is hardly any furniture. There is a speaker in the one desk in the back that will be blaring with awful music as you are trying to read your paperwork. Two times, someone came over to turn it up even louder. I felt very uneasy when their employees kept peering over my shoulder to see if I "needed anything." They seemed severely annoyed when I stated "just making sure I read every sentence."

All correspondence was done through poorly written text messages about the interviews/background check/drug test. Whenever I asked questions, I was always told they'll get back to me later. The office "manager" was never in the three times I went in to interview and the "HR" employee clearly didn't remember who I was because she was calling so many "Potential employees" giving them the same script.

I never received copies of any of the papers they made me sign even when asked, especially the form that explains the commission based pay. It wasn't updated and had rates for the state of New York...I was told to "just ignore that."

I had a bad feeling about this, so I told them I was no longer interested.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2013 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Distinctive-Inc/Lutherville-Timonium-Maryland-21093/Distinctive-Inc-Unprofessional-Pushy-Arrogant-Lutherville-Timonium-Maryland-1019646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Distinctive Inc.

wait a minute here

AUTHOR: tyreek - (United States of America)

I just want to say something real quick, if you tryina hear me out. I understand you're unsatisfied, but i have a friend that works there. he's been there for a while and got no complaints. so ima say one thing, just do your job. my friend does his job, and leaves and has no issues. the second you start involving yourself in things is when  you got trouble. I will give you one tip, some black girl that works there told my friend that Alex Chiat raped someone. So, you got someone there named Alex, you better watch out. He doesn't know who it is, or whether that girl made it up. He say she's cool people but likes to start things.  But either way, if you're a woman keep an eye out. My boy don't like this guy either, so Alex Chiat, stop raping girls. Apparently, you a pot head too from what I have been told. that is one only complaint I got- why you hiring pot heads for a job dealin with people? either way, ima say try with this company if u a dude. if you a dude, then do your thing. stop wasting your time commenting on here.