• Report: #1119163

• Updated: Tue, January 28, 2014

• Reported By: business owner — Los Angeles California
District Fire & Safety
P.O. Box 61, Pico Rivera, CA 90660 Pico Rivera, California USA

District Fire & Safety DFS District Fire Safety Come to your store and "check" fire alarm/sprinkler, then make you sign for NO-charge bill, then bill you later Pico Rivera California

A latino looking guy from District Fire & Safety (aka District Fire Safety or DFS) came to our store out of nowhere, said he is here to do the "fire alarm and sprinkler check". They even wear one of those uniform with "DFS" on their back.

He didn't really "check" anything but just looked up the sprinklers, and he spent most time on writing down our store info from our to go menu(total 4-5mins). He then made me sign on a paper unnaurally folded(hidden) the top part. I asked him whats the top part he was hiding. He showed me the list of their "services" on the left with blanks on the right which looked like the boxes to put prices in when they do the "service", but he said because everything was good, theres no charge, he just needed the sign, so i did.

The whole thing was very weird and I had a bad feeling.

Sure enough, after a month or so, we received a mail and emails with the paper which I signed with the PRICES FILLED on the top part he was originally hiding, total $400 something.

I googled the similar scams and sure enough I found many.

I been just ignoring it because i don't think they can take any legal action or anything other than just keep bothering by mails/emails because they are the scammer and they will be in trouble once they are known their exsistance publicly.

I just wanted them to be known widely so they will be in a big trouble.

Because after all, I know for sure this kind of scammers can't stay in business for a long time.

I really hope city/state/goverment to take care of this kind of scammers lot more strictly, becasue there are FULL of them out there targetting small businesses.(i mean i know the small biz is not the only one, but im just saying)

I really hope this(my report) helps in some way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2014 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/District-Fire-Safety-/Pico-Rivera-California-90660/District-Fire-amp-Safety-DFS-District-Fire-Safety-Come-to-your-store-and-check-fire-a-1119163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on District Fire & Safety