Complaint Review: Disys Staffing

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Tnew — Fairfield Alabama
Disys Staffing
Nationwide USA

Disys Staffing Beware of this Staffing Agency Seeking Your Private Info Over the Phone Dallas Nationwide

I was contacted by this company called Disys Staffing yesterday in regards to a Loan Processor Position with Capitol One. The hiring rep named Ronald gave me a brief description of the opprotunity and it sounded legitmate. I asked him about how he obtained my resume and he told me through CareerBuilder.com. I told him to please submit my resume. He asked about my most recent employer and wanted to make sure I had employment between the months I was laid off until now. I had talked to literally hundreds of recruiters throughout my career and he followed basic protocol. Our conversation did not get suspicious until he asked me to provide my Birth Date, Month and Day and my SSN in order to "make sure that I was not a previous employee in the Capital One system". I informed him that I did not feel comfortable giving out personal information over the phone and that's when he started stuttering, scrambling for a rebuttal. He sent me an email that he claimed was secure and that I could just place the last four digits of my SSN in the email. I ignored my instincts because he played the oldest trick in the book and sent him the last 4 of my SSN. Below are the two things they claimed and when you hear these types of sales pitches let the red blaring alarms go off in your head: 1. He said they were filling the position fast and wanted to send as many reusmes as possible to Capital One. They needed my info ASAP. Don't Ever let any body put the rush act on you! 2. They claimed that this position pays $21 an hour. For a processing position that is above average. I should have realized that this sounded too good to be true. Know your market! Know what the average pay is for the positions you are applying for. It will help you be discerning. The Third Act of this fiasco was when not an hour after I spoke to this recruiter another Indian based Company called Collabera contacted me about the identical position at the identical company, wanting the same identical info. That's when the red flags started waving, a little too late, but still giving me enough time to take action. These are the steps I took to research these two companies and potential job fruad. 1. I checked on Ripoffreport.com and found similar scams, where fake employers are fishing for private info from the unsuspecting unemployed in order to potentially steal their identity. (This type of fraud is a distant second from creating and stealing fake victim funds on social media.) 2. I checked on Ask.com and found that it is not typical and in some states it is illegal for employers to contact individuals and request private info such as SSN and DOB over the phone. These are the steps I took when I realized that there had been a potential data breech. 1. I contacted my bank to make sure that I would be notified if any suspicous activity takes place 2. I filed a Fraud Claim with one of the Credit Bureas. The great thing about this is once you file a claim with one Bureau they notify the other two. This Claim makes it harder for fraudsters to get credit in your name, and it alerts you if there's any fraudulent or suspicious activity. 3. I dug deep to find out exactly how these fraudsters stumbled upon my info. The results are incocnlusive but I have several leads and make sure you look out for these if you are on the job hunt. When applying for jobs, some of the more suspicious sites that could care less about your privacy will give away your contact info and any info from your posted resumes. Alot of the info on Resumes is enough to get a fraudster started on taking your identity. They just need the last bit of info like what they illegally called me for. ONLY place your resume on reputable sites. 3. I changed my email address because my old one was filled with fruadulent or suspicous Spam from employers offering bogus job offers, especially those from over seas. (these are dead give aways because the english used is so poor it's embarrassing.) Many email addresses are linked to bank accounts, credit card accounts etc. I suggest if this has happened to you that you consider taking this precaution. I informed the two scam artists that contacted me about this fake position that I knew that this was a fraud. I looked up the position on Capital One's website and it did not exist. I told them that using my personal info would be futile because I had already taken precautions to ensure that it would be difficult for them to do so. So I did what I thought was right to protect myself and that is why I want to warn others to help prevent any one else from falling victim. Let me just note the following: 1. These scammers claiming that they were from Disys and Collabera could have just been using these companies as a front. Disys may be a legitmate company. Collabera more than likely is not because they are based out of the country. 2. Protect yourself and your identiy at all cost. I know all too well that today's job market is very difficult to navigate through and you want to take every opportunity you see. But please learn from my mistakes, be discerning and suspicous, ask basic questions and most importantly Do Not Let Them Intimidate You by threatening that the job will dissapear if you do not comply. They are Liars and Manipulators and know every trick in the book. But it is up to you to know those tricks as well and stay one step ahead. Good Luck!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2014 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Disys-Staffing-/nationwide/Disys-Staffing-Beware-of-this-Staffing-Agency-Seeking-Your-Private-Info-Over-the-Phone-1141638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Disys Staffing