Complaint Review: Diversified Collection Services - DCS

• Updated: Sun, January 23, 2011

• Reported By:Fort Myers Florida
Diversified Collection Services - DCS
San Angelo, Texas U.S.A.

Diversified Collection Services - DCS Rude and harassing phone calls. San Angelo Texas

*Author of original report: Update

*Consumer Comment: DCS is Real not a hoax

*Consumer Comment: BY THE WAY - IGNORE KBR

*Consumer Comment: DO NOT CALL THEM IN WRITING ONLY - CERTIFIED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT

*Consumer Suggestion: NOT A HOAX

I started receiving phone messages at work to call a Louis Nicholls at 325-224-6606. I found out that it is a landline out of San Angelo, TX. I don't know anyone by this name nor anyone that lives there, so I just ignored it. The person who has been taking the calls says Louis claims to know me, but won't give out much information. I don't even know how he got my work number; I never give it out and it is unpublished. One night I came home and found a note taped to front door with his name and phone number. I started getting freaked out, thinking someone was stalking me. and called the police, but they couldn't find anything on it.

Later I found out that he called my neighbor and asked her to leave the note on my door. I barely even know my neighbor. He looked up her number. He told her also that I know him and that he know she lives next door to me. When she asked him for his number to right down, he became rude and told her to look at her caller ID. Then a few days later, he starts calling my house phone, but never leaves a message. I don't answer it, but I saw that my caller ID said DCS. He has never called my cell phone and that is the number I use for everything.

I had my boss call Louis to tell him to stop calling me or he would call the police. He became rude and sarcastic, saying he would love to see the police. When my boss tried to ask what company he was from, he was very hesitant, but finally said DCS, but refused to tell us what it stood for and that we should google it. I began researching the company and phone number. All I keep seeing is reports against this company for being an illegitimate bill collector and that they are a scam. It's starting to scare and I am seriously considering taking legal action. My boss called him back and told we knew who he was and started reciting some bill collecting laws. Louis replied Oh, f***! and hung up the phone.

Nancy
Fort Myers, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diversified-Collection-Services-DCS/San-Angelo-Texas/Diversified-Collection-Services-DCS-Rude-and-harassing-phone-calls-San-Angelo-Texas-416693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diversified Collection Services - DCS

Update

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Shortly after I wrote this report, the calls stopped! I did receive 2 or 3 letters from them in the mail. These letters included amounts and account numbers for a student loan. I do have a couple of student loans, but the information did not match. I ignored it and I never heard from them again. More recently, I was looking at my credit report and saw DCS on there. I filed a dispute with the credit bureau and it was removed!

I never so much questioned if they were real or not, but the legitimacy of their collection practices. For them to call my neighbor and employer posing someone I know is scary. I did not know this was a bill collector, until they finally called my home phone and I got the company name on my caller ID. When I saw the note on my front door with the same name and number that called my work, I was absolutely terrified. I thought this Louis guy new where I lived and was stalking me. It wasn't until several months later that I talked to my neighbor and found out that they had called her and asked her to leave the note, which is still very bizarre collection practices. The way they replied to my boss told me that they knew this was not being handled in a legal manner. They knew that I knew it too. I'm so glad that I am done with them!

DCS is Real not a hoax

AUTHOR: Vrock1981 - (U.S.A.)

DCS is a legitimate collection agency. I know personally because I have several acquaitances that work there. It is there job to collect defaulted student loans.

BY THE WAY - IGNORE KBR

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Although not a typical response from a debt collector - the fact that he has given you TERRIBLE ADVICE and has accused of defaulting on a Student loan - he is a debt collector and cannot be trusted.

DO NOT CALL THEM IN WRITING ONLY - CERTIFIED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

NEVER EVER CALL A COLLECTION AGENCY - THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED!

DCS IS A LEGITIMATE COLLECTION AGENCY.

DO NOT IGNORE IT- HANDLE IT CORRECTLY!!!

GO TO
www.budhibbs.com and scroll down to Dealing with Collectors 101- and follow the steps there.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

NOT A HOAX

AUTHOR: Kbr - (U.S.A.)

You should call them and talk to them, they will help you. You probably have a defaulted student loan, don't you? Call them they are willing to help you avoid any other consequences. Just call them.