Complaint Review: Diversified Collections, INC , DCS

• Updated: Mon, August 17, 2009

• Reported By: Mad in Nevada — Las Vegas Nevada USA
Diversified Collections, INC , DCS
333 North Canyons Pkwy Livermore, California United States of America

Diversified Collections, INC , DCS DCS had my Driver Lic. Suspended for Bogus tax debt from State of Virgina Las Vegas, Nevada

I was in the state of Virginia 13 years ago for about 6 weeks helping my mother with my stepfathers illness, I needed some money while I was there and I sold some stocks, that were purchased in the state of Nevada. I called the broker in Nevada had them sold in NV. and then had them send the check to me in VA at my mothers. A year later I received a bill from Va. for $1100.00 for state tax on the sale, because of the address, the IRS sent them a copy of the 1099 i rec'd to declare the income on my federal taxes.

I called the tax dept in VA. got a letter from the broker that no transaction took place in VA. and they assured me this was taken care of. Now 13 years later they say I now owe $3400.00 with penalties and interest, and have sold my account to DCS collection agency.

I have tried to prove again that no transaction took place in VA. but it has been 13years and I didn't keep the letter from the broker or even the federal tax return.  They have now had my Driver license suspended in Nevada in Nov. 2008. I found out today when I got a ticket. I was never notified they even had that authority or that was even a possibility. The debt was still in dispute.

I have some other friends from Virginia that have had state taxes due as far back as 20 yrs, that they didn't even know were due. They were given 24hrs to pay it or lose their License in Nevada. How is this even possible to take someones license. in another state for a debt? A Bogus Debt at the end of the day. Are the States hurting for Money soooo bad that this is now acceptable?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2009 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diversified-Collections-INC-DCS/Livermore-California-94551/Diversified-Collections-INC-DCS-DCS-had-my-Driver-Lic-Suspended-for-Bogus-tax-debt-fr-481498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diversified Collections, INC , DCS