Complaint Review: Diversified Collectors Services

• Updated: Sat, December 10, 2011

• Reported By: Daniel — Ottawa Illinois United States of America
Diversified Collectors Services
P.O. Box 9046 Pleasanton, California United States of America

Diversified Collectors Services Deceptive and Illegal reversal of government agreement Veterans Administration Pleasanton, California

In 2005 I suffered a major health crisis, as a result I could not work.  I had pnuemonia and almost died on an airplane in Denver.  I used all my savings to survive as long as possible.  At the end of my resources, I approached the Vetereans Administraion for assistance.  It took some time for them to decide that I was permanetly disabled with less than 50% lung capacity.  I have emphysema, chronic bronchitis, asthma and a running battle with pnuemonia.

The Veterans Administration was kind and compassionate enough to send me survival money until I received my social security disability payments.  I received approximately $1100 dollars a month.  I reported immediately to the Veterans Adminisration upon receiving my disability payments.  I received a report from the VA asking for the return of about $5,900 dollars.  I did'nt complain.  I am a veteran with four years active duty in the Air Force during Vietnam.  I also served 11 years in the United States Army reserves.  The government has taken approximately $200 dollars from my account to satisfy this debt.  I would be dead without that money.  Now this company has written me asking for another $5900 in repayment, threatening to deduct another $200 or so from my already reduced income.  Who are these people.  They are not the Veterans administration,  I can tell by the lack of blood in their systems,,  The  investigation process they use must be a dart board.  How they got my name and the amount I agreed to pay is probably a matter of public record.  I believe this company is trying to to intimidate me and this causes fear amonge all that love me.  They know how close to the edge I live.

Please help me.  Are they a government organization?  Can they deduct another $200 from my social security disability checks.  Why must I live in fear and sickness, one is enough.  I am not afraid to die, I know that's coming.  But I am afraid to drain those that love me to the point where it would break their heart to say they couldnt help me.  You are my last hope.  I know America is hurting, but I never refused its call before.  Now I am calling back.  Please help me.  I have a letter from the VA saying I only owe $1700 left on the original money.  Now again?

I was given a telephone number of 1-888-310-2006.  An account number of 90206663081.  Their fax number is 1-925-960-2397.  I make less than $1200 dollars a month.  This deduction would put me below subsistance level.  Some gave all, how much do I have to give.  Daniel  Frankiln

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2011 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diversified-Collectors-Services/Pleasanton-California-94566-9046/Diversified-Collectors-Services-Deceptive-and-Illegal-reversal-of-government-agreement-Ve-807524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diversified Collectors Services