Complaint Review: Diversified Consultants, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, December 21, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, December 23, 2010

• Reported By: Nikki — Miami Florida United States of America
Diversified Consultants, Inc.
10550 Deerwood Park Blvd. Ste 309 Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Diversified Consultants, Inc. DCI Harassment / Threats To Report Debt To Employer Jacksonville, Florida

*Consumer Comment: John, "Advise" or "Advice"?

*Consumer Comment: advise

I was contacted by DCI after obtaining a debt that went into collection from T-Mobile. Apparently, the account was just purchased by DCI and they did not hesitate to contact me. The account manager handling identified herself as Zakia Smith. She explained the purpose of the call and went over all charges. I interrupted her stating that the balance she was stating was incorrect. I explained that I received a bill (not a final bill from T-Mobile, but from a collection agency for approx. $900).

We disputed the total the next couple of minutes and I noticed that she was being extremely rude to me. So I asked if a copy of my final bill could be issued outlining those charges totaling $1400. She informed she could not provide a copy and asked if I wished to resolve the debt. I told her NO! I must see my final bill before any type of arrangements are made to pay this debt. Surprisingly, she threatened to report my account to the Credit Bureau after the company's first attempt in notifying me of this debt.

Outraged I contacted DCI again only to be transferred directly to her extension (this did not occur the first time I called; I was asked to be transferred to her extension). When greeted humorously by Ms. Smith I asked if I could speak with another representative from DCI. She stated that was impossible since she was responsible for handling my account. Furious, I asked to speak with her supervisor thinking I could resolve this issue by receiving my final bill. Unfortunately, the supervisor was rude. He greeted me and stated all the charges owed to T-Mobile just as Ms. Smith.

Again I disputed the total and requested a copy of my final bill which I did not receive. I told him that Iasked Ms. Smith for a copy and she rudely denied my request.In an instant his attitude changed! He favored his employee stating she had not acted rudely and their company does not have time to print out $1400 worth of trees for a bill I had since August to dispute. He preceded by ridiculing and taunting me stating that he handles thousands of consumers each day that make excuses for their debt and I wanted people to sympathize with my situation. This was not the case he did not know what lead to this collection anyways.

Then he asked if I wanted to resolve the debt or not because their company did not have time to play phone tag with me. My answer remained the same...NO.Once more I requesteda copy of the final bill whenhe blurted out that I had no intentions on repaying the debt. From that point he asked to be transferred to my employer's Human Resource Department to see how they would react to one of their employee's incurring this type of debt. He continued stating if I did not transfer his call I would be violating some type of law.

Shocked...my only response was "Are you serious? I know my rights as a consumer" Upset that he was not going to be transferred he told me that he would make an example out of me by notifying my employer's Human Resource Department. This could cause me to get fired since my employer does background checks that involve your credit too. I have been with my present job for 5 years and have a family to support. This type of behavior is unacceptable for any company to conduct business in this matter plus try to jeopardize a consumer's employment during this economic recession.

I never failed to acknowledge that I did not owe T-Mobile just disputed the amount they were indicating. This case is pending for investigation and the exact amount I owe T-Mobile is still unknown because I have not received any final bills. T-Mobile should be held accountable for continuously selling their collection account to an agency that conducts this type of business and mistreats their former customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2010 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diversified-Consultants-Inc/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Diversified-Consultants-Inc-DCI-Harassment-Threats-To-Report-Debt-To-Employer-Jacksonv-673985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diversified Consultants, Inc.

John, "Advise" or "Advice"?

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You give "advice". You "advise" someone.

The word you were looking for as it was used is ADVICE.

advise

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Debt collectors cannot "report" your debt to your employer. You have rights under federal law to stop collection agency harassment at work.

Send the collection agency a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt (do NOT use regular mail) stating:

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, be advised that my employer does not permit me to be contacted at my place of employment and any attempt to contact me there could jeopardize my employment.

If you need to contact me, then you can do so at my residence my calling or writing to me there.

Receipt of this letter is officially being time stamped via Certified Mail by the US Postal Service. I will report any violations of this law> You should also fax this letter to them