Complaint Review: Divorce by Phone

• Updated: Thu, November 01, 2012

• Reported By: Julie — Holiday Florida United States of America
Divorce by Phone
Holiday, Florida United States of America

Divorce by Phone This Company Promised a quick and easy divorce but just took my money and e-mailed me the wrong forms. Holiday, Florida

I called Divorce by Phone whose number I found in the local phone book to get a quick and inexpensive divorce.  I was promised guidance and forms for the divorce for $619.00.  I was sent the forms via e-mail.  I filled out all the forms and had them notorized.  Then I took them to the clerk of court to file for divorce.  She told me that they were not the proper forms and gave me (free of charge) the proper forms which I had to fill out and have them notorized.  I called and faxed Divorce by Phone to get my money back and they told me that they would have given me the proper forms if I had asked for them.  I said I recieved the forms from the county clerk and if anyone should get the money it should be the clerk. The Florida law states that if a non lawyer helped fill out the forms or offers advice they must fill in thier information on the forms which Divorce by Phone did not do.  I was told not to mention to the florida courts that they (Divorce by  Phone) had provided me the forms because it would cause the court to require me to hire an attorney.  I have asked the local news station help desk to help me get my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Divorce-by-Phone/Holiday-Florida-34690/Divorce-by-Phone-This-Company-Promised-a-quick-and-easy-divorce-but-just-took-my-money-a-963271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Divorce by Phone