Complaint Review: Dixie HomeCrafters

• Reported By: Randy — Winston-Salem North Carolina United States of America
Dixie HomeCrafters
14201 South Lakes Drive Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Dixie HomeCrafters High Pressure Sales Tactics Charlotte , North Carolina

On Thursday 8/25/2011 Dixie HomeCrafters a salesman named Peter to my home to give me an estimate on siding and gutters for my home. After walking the exterior of our house he gave me a list of satisfied customers to call to verify their services. Being the middle of the work day I could only reach one person so I copied numbers and planned to call them later. While I was doing this Peter sat in his car and wrote up an estimate. Next we sat down at my dining room table and he explained to me how their product the only worthy product to install. After more than three hours I told him to give me a price since I had to leave for work in a very short time. The price he quoted was very high, but I thought the product was good. Next I told him I would need to think about it for a day or two since it was a large investment.

That's when it all started falling apart. First he told me I had to sign today or the $3000.00 discount would go away. Next he said he did not make a second trip back to a customer, it was sign here now or there was no deal. That's when I said fine. No deal. When I said that he looked at me and said I lied to him and I was not an honest person because I would not cave in to his demands. The second time he called me a liar my wife exploded and we told him to leave. He would not leave until I told him if he didn't I would throw him out. As he was walking toward his car he continued to tell me how I was not a good christian.

To add insult to injury, on Friday morning I received a call from someone else at Dixie HomeCraftes and was told that Peter"s boss had reviewed the bid and said it was way too high and wanted to bring another to me on Saturday. I politely told him no and I wanted to explain why. That's when he hung up on me .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2011 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dixie-HomeCrafters/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28273/Dixie-HomeCrafters-High-Pressure-Sales-Tactics-Charlotte-North-Carolina-769919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dixie HomeCrafters