Complaint Review: Dixie Homecrafters

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: John — Matthews North Carolina United States of America
Dixie Homecrafters
Dixie Homecrafters, LLC 1851 Chespark Drive, Gast Internet United States of America

Dixie Homecrafters Gutter Gaurdian Preying on elderly, Internet

*Author of original report: Dixie HomeCrafters , Dixie Home Crafters

*Author of original report: Follow up

I got a call from my mother who is 83. Their doorbell rang after dark and my father who is 86 and somewhat child like answered the door and didn't see anyone so he walks outside and there is a man there who tells him he needs siding. My father told him they didn't need anything and went back inside. 5 minutes later my mom answered the phone and it was Dixie Homecrafters confirming their appointment for the next day to come out for siding. My mom told them that they didn't need or want siding. The caller became angry, rude and pushy telling her that my dad had made the appointment and they were coming anyway.

Mom told him to not come, they would not answer the door. The caller then told her that only a no trespassing sign would keep him off of their door steps. My mom called me in a panic so I went over and quizzed pop about the encounter and figured that he didn't commit to anything with the guy since it was dark and we just had gutters replaced a few months ago and some facia boards and other repairs. I called the number on their caller ID and left a message for the general manager to call me back the next day. I never heard from them and I am going back to my parents house today at the supposed appointment time to make sure they are not bothered any further by this company or its representatives.

I am sure that because they are elderly, these sales people or canvassers think that they can push them into something they don't need or want. I will let you know if they show up and what happens if they do and give us any trouble.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dixie-Homecrafters/internet/Dixie-Homecrafters-Gutter-Gaurdian-Preying-on-elderly-Internet-995622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dixie Homecrafters

Dixie HomeCrafters , Dixie Home Crafters

AUTHOR: John - (USA)

I learned that these folks go by other names that are similar

AUTHOR: John - (USA)

I did go back today to see if these people would show up. They did not. My brother in-law came over and stayed with them.

I did get a man to answer their phone number when I called back today. i explained what had happened and he assured me that they would not be going to my parents house today. He said they did have people in the area but they would not have acted like this.

I did some checking on this phone number and it seems to be a small franchise of Dixie Home crafters and gutter guardian. There are other complaints about them from other areas that are similar to our complaint.

It may not be a broad corporate problem but it is a problem to us and we will never recommend this company to anyone for any reason based on our unsolicited contact with their sales representatives.

skywave