Complaint Review: DoWed Academy

• Updated: Thu, May 09, 2013

• Reported By: bklthai —
DoWed Academy
Internet Singapore

*General Comment: DoWed Academy DoWed Academy wedding planner program a scam, Sherwin Lee a scam, DoWed Academy a scam, Do-Wed Academy a scam Internet

*Author of original report: Against DoWed Academy with no ground.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Against DoWed Academy with no ground.

I like to bring to everyone attention if you are thinking of making a career change to a wedding planner, there is currently a scam in town call the "DoWed" (http://www.dowed.com.sg/), otherwise also known as "Do-Wed" where they are engage as wedding planner to help newly wed couple in their wedding.

They also conduct course on wedding planner under the name "DoWed Academy" or  "Do-Wed Academy" http://www.dowed.com.sg/dowed_academy.html, and the owner is Sherwin Lee the scamer at large. The fees he charges are high S$2600, in which he promise there will be a employment after completing the course, which he also make everyone of his students sign the employment letter, the course become a scam on the very first day we all started, to my surprise, there were no sales kit given as promise, instead he give us someone else wedding planner sales kits which to me is totally unethical to begin with. This is the wedding planner program we receive from him: http://www.willrichbridal.com/wedding-packages.html, and it is really unbelievable, a professional wedding planner company does not have their own wedding package, they use a link that belongs to another company.

He is always giving excuses on a last minutes basic and reason to cancelled the classes, and his reasons are like ... my dog is sick, he is sick but when you see the things he uploaded to his facebook the activity, he didn't look sick but very well and alive and drinking like a horse ... https://www.facebook.com/sherwinl, other reasons, he give was office air-condition not working, office under renovation, meeting etc but he seem to have a lot of his time having long holidays trip to Japan and America. i believe the expense of his long and very expensive holiday trip are all from the course fees we all paid and not deliver.

We all start the course last year, May 2012, and there is suppose to have an exam in Nov 2012, because he cancelled most of the classes, therefore, we can no longer is able to follow the timetable as set by him.

He also promise that the class will be given a lists of listing for us to start with, which he also conveniently brush us aside saying that we do not deserve to be given because we are not committed. and he took the listing that belong to us and when away to work on it, what a scam!!!!

Then he when on a super long holiday in the States without completely the course with us and this trip was make in early 2013, when he return, we question him about not being able to deliver what we pay for and promise, and to our surprise, he told us that there is nothing to learn from him and so the class just ended with out an examination ... what a scam!!!!!

He took everyone for a ride in the up most unethical way to earn a living, lies after lies he has been telling and putting the blame on us for his self fish gains .... We are all at a lost as to what should we do with a man scam like this. But I believe we are not the only one, I did a check and found our that they were other victim in his earlier courses too ... sigh!

He will be conducting another scam class soon by DoWed Academy in July 2013, I believe, that money that he is working toward is to up keep his high life and expensive lifestyle on the expense of the innocent people. I hope people who are like us thinking of making a career switch and want to spend our hard earn money on the right investment, just be very very aware about this company call "DoWed" and the owner is Sherwin Lee.

Lastly, do spread the word around, S$2600 is not a lot of money to him but is a lot and lot of money to many of us. Even about to be wed couple, please stay far, far away from him and this company, trust me you will not be paying and getting what you want.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 10:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DoWed-Academy/internet/DoWed-Academy-DoWed-Academy-wedding-planner-program-a-scam-Sherwin-Lee-a-scam-DoWed-Aca-1048350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DoWed Academy

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: Kenzo - ()

Sherwin Lee, Since you say you not a scam in town. Then stand out and face your student and not hiding. You are cheating young people money without completing the course. Leave you contact, I shall discuss more with you. Since you have fail to reply email and your company contact number. Be a man to face it and not hiding like a p***y.

Against DoWed Academy with no ground.

AUTHOR: bklthai - ()

Well everything that you made us all signed are all for your best interests, it was never a benefit to us, that is how you hold us all down, and thank you very, very much for putting that down here in writing to explain yourself ... hahaha thump up to you hahahaha!!!

I wouldn't want to debate with you any further here, I have already wasted my time and money on you, I am not about to waste too much of my very good time on you again. Let the public here be the judge, my interest here is to share and expose a scam, because I do not wish to see others being scam of their hard earn money and a dream to be a good wedding planner.

Lastly, nobody should take my word for it, I believe many can think and be the judge for themselves. Unless, if they have plenty of money to spare, by all mean, please go ahead find out for yourself, see if you will be able to learn anything good from you. But you can I know a lazy fellow like youself will not work, unless this is a wake up call, you might just do something right for once in your life, but question is, for how long before you are back to your usual scam???

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Against DoWed Academy with no ground.

AUTHOR: Sherwin - ()

Hi my name is Sherwin and the owner of DoWed Academy. The author of this article is indeed a student of our school. Ms Connie. Few things to clarified. There are 2 part in the learn and earn program. Firstly, we place our student with intensive training with various trainer from the wedding fields. At the start of the program, we have infrom all students that due to the many trainer that we have, sometime, classes will be reshuedule as trainer might not be able to conduct due to various reason, and will inform all students in advance.

The second part of the training, which is real "hands on" where we do provide geniune leads to students. I believe Ms Connie have been meeting a fair bit of actual clients. She had not since close any case from the leads that we provide. The company, using our company fund conduct various wedding seminars. (For your reference) http://vimeo.com/48747492. In the actual writen contract that she signed. She was aware that she need to hit certain sales target monthly and the company reserve the right to stop providing her with leads.

Do note that for every case she close, she's keeping 90% of the sales. Unfortunately due to her inability. She closed non. The company spend a fair bit of money to conduct wedding seminar. Close to S$20,000 per seminar. I have been patience and understanding and willing to give her another chance to meet clients but she refuse. DoWed academy have been establish in Singapore for more than 4 years and it was unfortunate that Ms Connie decided to give up. At our last meeting, we even decide to give her another chance to meet clients but she decline.

There are always 2 sides of a coin, I wish to represent my side of the story and hope that the public will understand. At this point I will be speaking to my lawyer. Connie have signed a written contract with the company and she's fully unware of what this course are all about.

Regards