searching

• Submitted: Wed, May 07, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 12, 2008

• Reported By:Corpus Christi Texas
Doba
1530 North Technology Way Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Doba Billed during 7 day trial, canceled on day 3, won't refund $199 Orem Utah

*Consumer Comment: They are a joke

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Actually..

I signed up to this so called "wholesale dropshipper" to sell online.
After some pricing comparison with other wholesalers, discount stores such as Wal-Mart, Target, eBay, Amazon, and even my own dropshippers/distributors, their wholesale prices are anything but wholesale.

They wont let you view their wholesale prices with out first signing up.
On the second day of my Free Trial, I was billed $199 for a one year membership.
I canceled the account just 3 days after signing up with them, only for them to tell me they cannot refund my $199.00! but they will gladly close my account.

I let them know the Guarantee Lowest Wholesale Price they advertise on their site, and that most of their prices are NOT wholesale.
Then they tell me oh we can't compete with WalMart and other stores! Why they advertise wholesale prices when they do not is beyond me.

Now they want to keep my $199. I told them that they will be hearing from my credit card company and possibly the district attorney's office, as well as reporting them to the BBB and other bad business sites.

This is one SHADY business. Charging during the Free Trial, Not refunding the membership fee after cancellation, and advertising "We Guarantee The Lowest Wholesale Prices" when they actually do not.

Jon
Corpus Christi, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2008 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doba/Orem-Utah-84097/Doba-Billed-during-7-day-trial-canceled-on-day-3-wont-refund-199-Orem-Utah-331081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doba

They are a joke

AUTHOR: Krazy12982 - (U.S.A.)

I signed up thru them in 07, tried to sell on Ebay. The prices were insane so I didnt sell anything. I cancelled with in the trial period no problems, the guy kept going on this crap "If you find our products anywhere cheaper we will go 10% lower...." , I told him walmart had the exact same scooter $10 cheaper. He says "Now prove now me they are the exact same item." I looked up the model # from walmarts site and went to Doba site... there was model #, they had tweeked the name a little bit too. So when I explained to him the pictures were the same, he said he needed more proof. I told him no thank you, you have proved its a failure and hung up.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Actually..

AUTHOR: Truthytruth - (U.S.A.)

If you sign up for a free trial once you pay for something wouldn't it cause the trial to be void? So it's no longer FREE? I mean that would make sense.

Also you would get the full years access. They would cancel the renewals so you wouldn't be billed again but I would put money down that they still let you use the service you paid for. So actually you haven't lost out on anything. If you don't use it, well I'd say that's you're fault for not taking advantage of it.