Complaint Review: Doctor alan bauman

• Updated: Wed, March 05, 2014

• Reported By: Carlmiami99 — miami Florida United States of America
Doctor alan bauman
6861 SW 18 TH St Suite 102 Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Doctor alan bauman I HAD 3 HAIR TRANSPLANTS WITH ALAN BAUMAN WITH LITTLE RESULTS AND LOST OVER 20 THOUSAND DOLLARS Boca Raton, Florida

*Author of original report: Horrific scars alan bauman the butcher put on my head

*Author of original report: pics of alan bauman destructions of my head

*Author of original report: Hey bauman!!!!!

*Author of original report: bauman posing as a potential patient

*General Comment: Looks pretty good to me

*Author of original report: More pics of alan bauman's butchery of my head

*Author of original report: Bauman left me terribly scarred !!!

*Author of original report: Baumans lack of response to the hairtransplant thread i posted

*Author of original report: The negotiation with bauman was a complete wast of time

*Author of original report: Negotiating with Bauman

*Author of original report: You are such a liar

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Carl Counts, Repair Patient

Over a period of 3 years i had 3 Hairtransplants with Dr  Alan Bauman in Boca Raton Florida .   He took me for over 20 thousand  dollars. My results were almost nothing.  When i confronted him with the results he took no responsibility what so ever.   I ask if he would refund the last surgery and he refused.  After seeing this doctor on dateline i thought he was for real.   But i was so very wrong.

After the first transplant i told him i dont see much results.  He told me another surgery would fix me right up.  After the second  again no results.  He told me to be patience and encourage another surgery.   Also he photo shopped my before and after pics to make me think my results were better than they actually are.  I feel like he has used this technique before. As i have spoke with other of his patients that are very angry !!!!

Please anybody thinking of doing a hairtransplant with Alan Bauman contact me ASAP!!!!  I would NOT recommend him to anybody!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2010 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doctor-alan-bauman/Boca-Raton-Florida-33433/Doctor-alan-bauman-I-HAD-3-HAIR-TRANSPLANTS-WITH-ALAN-BAUMAN-WITH-LITTLE-RESULTS-AND-LOS-571763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doctor alan bauman

Horrific scars alan bauman the butcher put on my head

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - ()

Please o please do NOT let him do this to you!!!!

pics of alan bauman destructions of my head

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - ()

look at the pics in the link above to see the true destruction alan bauman did to my head.  I now have no donor hair to repair his terrible work!!!

Hey bauman!!!!!

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - (USA)

Isn't  it too bad you don't have friends like bill falceros and spencer kobren on this site to boss around .

It's too bad you can't shut me down on this site!   You have no buddies on here !  hahahaha

Too bad they don't buy your victim story like bill falceros and spencer kobren.   I refuse to be silent!

I will continue to tell people not to go to bauman the butcher for a hairtransplant!!!!

bauman posing as a potential patient

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - (United States of America)

LOL  bauman are you really this desperate to go to these measures.  Posing as someone else AGAIN  only makes you look worse!!!  Grow up please and stop this nonsense

#5 General Comment

Looks pretty good to me

AUTHOR: AndyfromFL - (United States of America)

Seems to me that you lost all the hair that wasn't transplanted. The pictures in the very first post look like great work; I can only hope that when I go to this guy I'll turn out as good. And yes, I am going to him. If this is what qualifies as a 'complaint,' if this is as bad as his work can be, and if he puts together such a well reasoned response, then you've convinced me to go to this guy.

More pics of alan bauman's butchery of my head

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - (United States of America)

These pics should be proof plenty that NOBODY should have a hairtransplant with alan bauman.   Anyone considering a hairtransplant with alan bauman please contact me ASAP.  My name is Carl Counts.

Bauman left me terribly scarred !!!

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - (United States of America)

Before going to alan bauman  i had minimal scarring from a prior doctor.  I had a small scar on the back of my head.  Now  after bauman i have 2 large scars that go from ear to ear.   Not to mention  there were no results  after the surgeries from bauman .  So i was scarred for nothing. Please o please people dont be taken in by bauman's public relations.  He is in magazines, TV, but it means nothing.   He has good public relations people but terrible surgical skills.   Again anyone thinking of having a transplant with alan bauman go to the hairtransplant websites and see his work.   I have search 5 different hairtransplant websites for over 5 years and have yet to find one patient with a good results from bauman !!!!

Baumans lack of response to the hairtransplant thread i posted

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - (United States of America)

You can see bauman did not respond to the hairtransplant thread i posted in my rebuttal.   I knew he would not respond to it.   Its hard to defend pictures and facts.  Even by a slick talker like alan bauman.

The patient in that thread was taken for over 60 thousand dollars and left with 3 horrific scars !!!!  So lets hear your smooth line of excuses bauman for that butcher job.  The hairtransplant industry has developed a bad reputation because of doctors like alan bauman.

The negotiation with bauman was a complete wast of time

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - (United States of America)

Please people take my advice.  If you are planning to have a Hairtransplant DONT GO TO ALAN BAUMAN !!!!!!!!    After trying to be civil and work this out  he offered nothing but my medical records which by law he has to give me.    Please people go on the hairtransplant websites and see baumans work .    Using bauman for a hairtransplant was the worse mistake i ever made !!!!

Negotiating with Bauman

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - (United States of America)

I just want to say in fairness to myself and Alan Bauman.  Im currently in negotiation with him through a mediator.   I want very much that Bauman and I  reach a compromise.  Im not a hostile person and i would like to resolve this in a calm , mature manner.  Im happy to say we are currently reaching out to each other.   Later i will report the honest outcome of the negotiation.

You are such a liar

AUTHOR: Carlmiami99 - (United States of America)

I have never ever ever threaten you or any member of your staff.   Why do you continue to tell that lie?  Please o please produce one email i sent you that was threatening.   Also i have made NO harrassing phone calls to your office.  So can you stop playing the victim card.  Im not a criminal.    You are the one posting libel statements against me!!!!

.   You told me you would give me great scalp coverage with 2 transplants.   After 3 procedures by you i see nothing.  I actually had better results with the prior doctor.   Your alliance with these prestigous sounding medical boards means nothing.  I have read other of your patients on the hair transplants websites that are as disappointed as i am.  Yes i did have prior procedures before you but what does that have to do with the lack of results i had after the 3 transplants i had with you?

I have not distorted any facts as the pics i posted speak for themselves.  I have not posted any libel statements against you and you know that.   Just look at my pics compared to yours.   Huge difference.  Also you never did any pro bono work for me.  You charged me over 20 for the 3 transplants.  Also i have been on propecia and rogaine for over 5 years as you instructed.

You brag about how happy your patients are and the great work you do.   So explain this thread   www.hairlosshelp.com/FORUMS/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=88415&enterthread=y        I have spoke to this patient of yours from texas  and i can assure you he is far from happy !!!!!

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Carl Counts, Repair Patient

AUTHOR: Dr. Bauman - (United States of America)

Carl,

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment from the corrective hair transplant repair procedures that were initiated years ago. However, it is particularly disturbing that after we declined your untenable and hostile demands for financial payments, you have made repeated harassing phone calls and emails to my staff, and are now resorting to making deliberately false and libelous claims against our practice, inaccurate posts and accusations, as well as intentional omissions of fact that will only serve to mislead others who are in legitimate need of help.

As a dedicated, practicing M.D. for over 15 years who has been certified by an elite medical subspecialty board, a published author of scientific articles and textbook chapters, an invited faculty member of numerous educational medical conferences and an active participant in volunteer pro-bono organizations in the medical field and within our community, I am disappointed by these accusations. As a patient of ours for many years, you especially should know that we go above and beyond the call of duty to address the needs of our patients before during and after any evaluations and treatments we provide and have developed a successful medical practice specifically because of these ethical and professional patient-centered principles.

When you first came to my clinic in 2004 seeking repair, you had already undergone several previous old-style hair transplants from at least two non-board certified surgeons. We both understood that you were starting out with large donor scarring, a pluggy-looking appearance, poor coverage, severely depleted donor hair, ongoing hair loss due to lack of medical treatment and that you had resorted to wearing a hairpiece to cover the unnaturalness. Your deliberate omission of these facts certainly paints a distorted picture of your situation when you first sought our help. Treating a progressive condition such as hair loss can be difficult enough. But, as we discussed many times, the early choices and consistent commitments someone makes in treating their hair loss can have a powerful effect on the success of their treatment over the long-term.

From the start we both knew that there was no miracle cure for your situation and that multiple procedures would be likely. From day-one I also communicated clearly to you verbally and in writing, as I do with each and every hair loss patient, the importance of initiating and continuing medical therapy to help protect your non-transplanted hair. Because hair loss continues over time, medical treatments are the critical part of any successful hair restoration treatment regimen requiring commitment and compliance for the long-term. As discussed, this was even truer in your case where available donor hair follicles were in short supply due to techniques used during your previous procedures.

We discussed that the extent of some of the repair work (like scar reduction, etc.) required would be measureable far beyond just the number of hair follicles transplanted with each session. Our plan set forth small but accomplishable goals with each corrective procedurelike reducing the scar tissue, restoring the hairline and camouflaging the previous old-style pluggy graftstaking steps toward a more natural look with the limited grafts available each session. But we both understood what impact the limited amount of available donor density could have over time. It is no secret that hair transplantation does not stop the progression of hair loss. This is why I always stressed your role and involvement: the need for consistent medical therapy to maintain your existing non-transplanted hair.

With each session of repair work we performed, on a partial pro-bono basis at times, we slowly but surely reduced your scar tissue, restored your frontal hairline, camouflaged the pluggy appearance in the crown area and improved the overall coverage of the scalp. I remember how encouraged you were to see your hairline, coverage and naturalness restored in those after photos which we reviewed during each of your post-op visits, enabling you to finally be free of the hairpiece. (And you know better than anyone that each set of standardized, un-retouched photos were uploaded, compared and reviewed in your presence IMMEDIATELY after they were taken and were also made available to you in printed and electronic form during your routine follow-ups!) After your last procedure in 2008, you even signed a release form so your significant progress could be a hopeful example to other patients of multi-therapy treatment and the delicate repair work in which we excel.

I certainly know how frustrating ongoing hair loss can be which is one of the reasons that years ago I strongly recommended the adjunctive, FDA-approved treatments to help you protect the hair at-risk. There is a direct correlation between the use of the non-invasive therapies and slowing/stopping the progression of the loss of non-transplanted hair. Later, when we used the video microscope to verify the presence of miniaturizing hair in the non-transplanted areas, it was my hope that you would reconsider renewing your commitment to continuing with the medical treatments on a more consistent basis.

My staff and I are proud of the solid professional reputation weve built by delivering quality results and quality care to thousands of patients around the U.S. and internationally for well over 10 years. We refuse, therefore, to have our reputation unjustly hijacked or to be intimidated by malevolent and warrantless threats. Though medicine and surgery may not be an exact science, we stand behind our track record of success and innovation which has been recognized by numerous professional organizations and the thousands of patients Ive had the opportunity to treat. It is no secret that my team and I are passionate about providing quality care to our patients utilizing the latest medical treatments and procedures available while upholding the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.

Those that know us well can verify that our Mission and Philosophy are more than just words on a page. My staff and I are firmly grounded in a commitment to excellence when it comes to delivering care every single day, every single patient. That is why, despite your numerous threatening and harassing phone calls and emails, your anonymous false postings under multiple aliases on hostile internet forums and networks, and even despite your multiple attempts to unjustly demand money from my practice and interfere with our ability to treat patients in need, we still hope that you will channel your energy in a more positive direction, perhaps taking a step back and appreciating the guidance, support and repair work we have accomplished for you over the years.

Sincerely,