Complaint Review: Dodge Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, December 26, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, February 25, 2004

• Reported By:Vallejo California
Dodge Corporation
P.O. Box 21-8004 Auburn Hills, Michigan U.S.A.

Dodge Corporation doesn't stand behind their product Rip-off Auburn Hills Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Dodge Stratus POS. horrible and nasty to deal with

I purchased a dodge stratus 2000 in February 2001. it was used but still under warranty. With in 8 months the brakes had to be replaced. Within ten months I had a major transmission failure. I reported this to the dodge corporation and have yet to receive a response.

I will be purchasing a new car next year and it will not be a Dodge

Alana
Vallejo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2002 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dodge-Corporation/Auburn-Hills-Michigan-48321-8004/Dodge-Corporation-doesnt-stand-behind-their-product-Rip-off-Auburn-Hills-Michigan-39186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dodge Corporation

Dodge Stratus POS. horrible and nasty to deal with

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

I also have a Dodge Stratus (2001). At about 22,000 miles first engine went- Foster Motors in Middlebury,Vermont claimed owner neglect-there was sludge in the engine- we had the oil tested and they found severe levels of water and coolant contamination- the dealership never bothered to check for any other problems other than the sludge they found on the oil cap!! We also were able to get receipts- but that took some time because we had never saved them! Had to go back to Speedi-Lube to get them.

They were horrible and nasty to deal with. So, we took our car to another dealership-I wont mention there name because they are the ones that do the repairs on our car now...2nd engine failed 5 miles from dealership...now on it's 3rd engine!! The first engine cost us almost $5G- now I find out that the dealership is saying it used a NON Chrysler motor both times after the original failure!!

Took it back to the dealership this month because heater stopped working- coolant empty- we had just filled it 3 weeks prior- Service Manager said that now would be a good time to trade. He's a nice guy and I think he feels bad for us. I've also had the catalytic converter replaced (first month we bought the car)!

This was a BRAND NEW car. We keep trying to get out of the lease by trading it in but we have 18 months left on our lease and it will cost us too much to get into another car.

There are complaints ALL OVER the internet. Just put in Complaints on 2.7 Liter Engine or Intrepid or Stratus and you will find so many complaints that it will literally make you sick!

Note- I did not buy my car at Foster Motors, I bought it at Berlin City, NH!!! But have not had a good experience at ANY of the Dodge Dealerships!!! The ones I have dealt with lie, decieve, manipulate, threaten and just don't care about the consumer.

Currently I am trying to get my story on National TV- NY Times, Washington Post, USA Today, etc. Not to mention all the government people I am contacting. Good luck and don't give up!!!