Complaint Review: Dodge Motor Corporation

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: Bobbi — Suffolk Virginia
Dodge Motor Corporation
Suffolk, Virginia USA

Dodge Motor Corporation Starr Motors Lack of credibility and believing a mechanic over the customer Suffolk Virginia

I have a 2013 Dodge Journey.  I got it new and it has 15,000 miles on it.  About two months ago, I hit the touch screen with my natural not artificial fingernail and the screen cracked.  I took it back to the dealership.  They photographed the screen and submitted it to see whether it would be covered under warranty or whether my company would have to pay for it.  The car is a fleet vehicle.  They called last week to say that the radio was finally in.  I went to have it installed and they ordered the wrong one.  At that time, it was still being debated as to who was going to pay for the radio.  I was told that the mechanic stated that the radio was "hit" and it would not be covered under warranty.  They re-ordered the part and I went back again today only to have the part be wrong again.  This time, they had my satellite service transferred to the radio that they didn't install so I left there and had to spend an hour with Sirius getting my satellite service turned back on.  The part was re-ordered for the third time.  I contacted Dodge to see if there was a problem with the touch screens in these vehicles and got the following response:

Dear Bobbi:

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center.

We apologize for the previous email that was sent in error.

We do not currently see any recall or warranty concerns on your vehicle.

There is nothing reflecting a problem or weakness with the media center screen.

After thoroughly reviewing your request and the files on this matter, we respectfully concur with the decision rendered by the dealership.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate with us. We're sorry we cannot provide you a more favorable reply.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer Service Representative

Dodge Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the following information:

REFERENCE NUMBER:

EMAIL CASE NUMBER:  2872814

REPLY LINK: http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_forms/us/reply.jsp?trk_ID=KMM8267430V22038L0KM&

They are taking the word of a dealership that can't even manage to get the right part ordered.  If I had hit the screen with something other than my nail, I would be honest about it.  I didn't and I strongly resent that Dodge isn't standing behind this product since it is a new vehicle.  I would appreciate any help that you can offer.  The replacement radio, yes, they have to replace the whole radio, is over $900.00 which is insane!

Thanks for your assistance!

Bobbi Suponski

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dodge-Motor-Corporation/Suffolk-Virginia/Dodge-Motor-Corporation-Starr-Motors-Lack-of-credibility-and-believing-a-mechanic-over-th-1084043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dodge Motor Corporation