Complaint Review: Dog Ear

• Submitted: Fri, May 08, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By:San Jose California
Dog Ear
4010 W.86th Street, Ste H Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Authorhouse Publishing-Dog Ear And All The Rest Ripoff is underestamating Indianapolis Indiana

*General Comment: Dog Ear and Toys Not Wagging Tails

Sadly I feel good to see I am not alone here!

I work very hard to write about my life to give hope to others, to find out that my editor and Dog Ear publishing have decided to contract between each other and not to tell me about it. the package I picked did included advertisement, naturally after (thank god) a short time with help of friend I found out about the contract, that was signed with out me been included.

Well, I put stop on production, since I am the only person with the copy right, but I still see my book been sold as new after even the publisher received a letter from attorney to stop any production of any kind!

According to Dog Ear my book did not sale at all, yet I see places in the web having my book in a new condition for sale such as amazon and Barns and the numbers I got from Dog Ears do not match!

I am shock to see it and wonder what is the meaning of copyright?

How many new book must be sold to call it infringement?
Why none of us authors has ever done anything about it, or is there anything we can do to stop them at all?
Personally I can not pay for the attorney fee, however I am determined to put stop on this and living in my car to save my rent (as little as it might be) money and pay a visit to one!

Lightning Source and Ingram are in to this and they are the one I am going after.

Adeomus
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2009 03:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dog-Ear/Indianapolis-Indiana-46268/Authorhouse-Publishing-Dog-Ear-And-All-The-Rest-Ripoff-is-underestamating-Indianapolis-Ind-449841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dog Ear

#1 General Comment

Dog Ear and Toys Not Wagging Tails

AUTHOR: Ms.ChrisIbby - (United States of America)

My heart went out to you as I read your post. I got to thinking that perhaps a great way to stop the retailers from continuing to display, market and/or sell your book might be to contact each one personally, present them with a copy of the letter sent to the publisher from your attorney, and warn them that if they don't pull your work off their system, you'll be suing them!  I am sure that the list of retailers is very long and this task is going to be time-consuming and frustrating, to say the least, but it might be worth a try!

The larger chains, such as B&N and Amazon, have a "legal" section where they claim to "respect the Copyright and Intellectual Property" of authors, and artists, and so forth.  Well, if that is true, and you're presenting them with your lawful demand, they may find it in their best interest to remove your work from their system.  I doubt they would want to be sued after becoming aware of the legal letter you're sending them.

Also, save a copy of the email or letter you send to retailers...this way none of them could say you didn't contact them.  If after 30 days you find that no one "respected" your Copyright, then go and get a lawyer that would take the case on contingency basis and sue the pants off of each perpetrator!  I'm sure you'll have a great case won.