Complaint Review: Dollar General Market

Dollar General Market
1370 Gray Hwy Macon, Georgia United States of America

Dollar General Market Discrimination Macon, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Me Too

The first time I went into this store, a male cashier treated me like I was stupid and couldn't add. He was over charging me for some fruit I was purchasing. He told me that he couldn't give me a refund, and I needed to leave. Oh heavens no, I finally got a manager to the front, and this man was just as bad. I let that incident go. The next time I was in the store, I am putting my items on the conveyor belt, and the woman told the man behind me to come on. This woman told me she didn't see me standing there. Okay I am a nice size black woman, the man behind me was a shorter than me white man. So she had to look down and past me to see him, not to mention my items on the belt. The manager again was angry with me for making a scene. I told that little man to get the hell out my face, before I have him out of a job and the store closed. I let him know this was the second racial incident with this store, and I was calling corporate.

Well corporate is yet to call me back, it has been more than 2 months. I haven't even mentioned that their store in the black community don't have air, and my mother almost fainted this summer in one of their stores. I just happened to walk in and made her leave. I reported this to corporate too.

It is now time to boycott Dollar General and Dollar General Market.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2011 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-General-Market/Macon-Georgia-31211/Dollar-General-Market-Discrimination-Macon-Georgia-806277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar General Market

Me Too

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I was discriminated aganist too.  I was at the DG in Helotes Tx. There was only one cashier open with about 10 people in line. This large heavy set African-American women, employee walks up and opens up the other register. I take a couple of side steps to the right and approach the register, placing me first in line. There's this mad dash by the other folks to get in line behind me. She says to me "Those people have been waiting in line longer then YOU, let them go ahead". I'm an older white guy.  I can't believe what I'm hearing. Who made her in charge of the traffic police? I was infuriated. I've learned long ago not to say anything when I'm really angry. So I step back, let those OTHER folks go ahead of me and then purchase my items and leave. The next morning, I go back to the store and speak with the manager. This d**kless wonder tells me he's had problems with this women in the past and I ought to contact the district manager. I'm staying out of this whole mess.