Complaint Review: Dollar General Market

• Submitted: Mon, October 24, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, October 24, 2011

• Reported By: Sean — Las Vegas Nevada U.S.A.
Dollar General Market
5675 S Rainbow Blvd Nationwide United States of America

Dollar General Market Ruined My Clothing, Refused Full Reimbursement Las Vegas, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Really?

I picked up a container of bleach at Dollar General Market.  This container had a small cut in it, probably from careless use of a box knife when opening the box.  The hole was very small, and not noticeable.  It was, however, large enough for bleach to come out.

The bleach leaked onto my slacks, ruining them.  It cost me $70 to replace them.

I contacted Dollar General Market, and they referred me to their corporate number.  I called the number, and was greeted by a numbskull from halfway around the world, who could not understand what I was telling her.  She repeatedly said that she would file a report with the manufacturer, though I told her that this was the wrong course of action.

I called the store back, and they filed a report.  It then took 8 days for the corporate office to call me.  Meanwhile, I had to take $70 out of my families food budget so that I would have the slacks to wear to work. [continued below]....
.....

When the company finally called me back, they offered to pay me $40 for my slacks.  They based this on depreciation...of slacks...they wanted to depreciate my slacks as if I could go purchase a used pair to replace them.  The person on the phone insisted that they could only pay $40, though somehow managed to offer me $50.  So I'm out $20, who knows when they'll send the $50 they promised, and I'm going hungry.  Thanks a lot Dollar General.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2011 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-General-Market/nationwide/Dollar-General-Market-Ruined-My-Clothing-Refused-Full-Reimbursement-Las-Vegas-Nationwid-791684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar General Market

Really?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So you are shopping in a Dollar General Store, yet you have to take money out of your families food budget to buy a $70 pair of slacks?

But not only did you have to buy $70 slacks, you had to buy them immediately?  I guess those were the only slacks you owned right?

Why does it seem like there might be just a little embellishment to this story.