Complaint Review: Dollar General

• Reported By: joybug57 — lugoff South Carolina United States of America
Dollar General
Columbia, South Carolina United States of America

Dollar General Workers Comp Columbia, South Carolina

I was a store manager with Dollar General for 2 years. I was hurt with a steel cage; I am on crutches for the rest of my life. I have to have special shoes built. I have developed RSD due to the injury. Let me tell you what a wonderful company Dollar General claims to be! I had to have my cam walker replace in March. My lawyer had it approved; I went down to the ortho place to get my boot and arm brace. The specialist but the boot and brace on me and I was going out the door when the receptionist called me back. She said, Im sorry but Dollar General is refusing to pay for the boot and brace. I had to take the cam walker and brace off. I watched the specialist put gloves on and dig my old boot (I had to tape it closed) and brace out of the trash bin and put them back on me. I was so mad, and mortified. I cried for days. It took me four weeks to get the walker and brace. I still have not got my shoe. I worked 80 hrs a week sometimes; I took a store that got robbed every 3 months. No one else would take it. This is the repayment I get for doing my best. I won my case and still am fighting. Please, Please think twice before going to work for this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2010 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-General/Columbia-South-Carolina-29033/Dollar-General-Workers-Comp-Columbia-South-Carolina-591792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar General