Complaint Review: Dollar General

• Submitted: Sun, April 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 23, 2009

• Reported By:sebring Florida
Dollar General
2870 Us27 South Sebring, Florida U.S.A.

Dollar General EMPLOYMENT BASED ON WEIGHT Sebring Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Dollar General has a reputation for treating employees poorly

*Consumer Comment: I, also, would have fired you!

*Consumer Comment: I would have fired you too

*Author of original report: 2870 us 27 south dollar general in sebring florida

on 11/17/2005 i was hired at dollar general i work as a casher and stockperson i was the only one in the company that was never over or short in their register i was never given any thank for being the best just cut my hours in work, when the dem came to our store she alway complained about my weight but i always got the stock out and on time and no thanks to the dem its was alwasy you need to lose weight . on this day i came to work and was counting my drawer is was perfect but the mgr was over he took money out of his pocket and put it in the register i told him that according to the code of ethics book you can not do that he said im manager i can do anything and that proved to be true i then told the dem and she look the othe way did not do anything at all to the mgr but give him orders to fire me so on 317/2007 they fired me the mgr is still there he has his own store at lakeview dr in sebring florida his name is kent stewart qand the dem name is barbara and there assistany mgr been with dollar general for 5years has a dui and according to the code of ethics she must lose her assistance position and drop to casher for 2year then they promote her accordly theat was never done at all she still remains assistant mgr at 2870 us 27 south sebring fl 33870 her name is corinna this company does not play fair with employees.

Floridafireman
sebring, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2008 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-General/Sebring-Florida-33870/Dollar-General-EMPLOYMENT-BASED-ON-WEIGHT-Sebring-Florida-327459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar General

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Dollar General has a reputation for treating employees poorly

AUTHOR: Jill - (U.S.A.)

I can empathise with you. Dollar General is a horrible place to work. You can't be a nice person and survive the work environment. I worked for them as an assistant manager for a couple of years. Be grateful that you're no longer there.

I, also, would have fired you!

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

I agree with the last comment. I could hardly even make out what you were saying! Half the words aren't spelled correctly and the grammar is rediculous! Don't go back to school and get a job. Go back to school and get a CAREER!

I would have fired you too

AUTHOR: Awfully - (U.S.A.)

Heck, I wouldn't have hired you in the first place just based on how you talk and type. You don't use capitalization or punctuation and you can't spell. Can you even count? You sign your name as Floridafireman. They must not require much literation to put out fires. Go back to school and get a real job.