Complaint Review: Dollar Rent A Car

Dollar Rent A Car
Houston, Texas USA

Dollar Rent A Car Jacked up the rental rate 100% Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: Confused...

I am very disappointed in your service.

I thought that by choosing Dollar over National will save me some money, and in fact, it was very expensive, all because of an operator that did not do his job correctly:

On December 24 I had a reservation to pick up a car form IAH, and return it back to that same location on the 25th, however, I called ahead that same date, and ask Customer Service if I could return the car to a different location in Houston, HOU, and without further delay, the operator changed the reservation, and did not advise me that the rate will be 100 % more than before, (82.20 VS 172.20).

So the reservation was changed, I got to the counter, and asked the representative, very poorly trained in customer Service, I believe his name was Lawrence, arrogant, and pedant, anyway he informed me that the reservation could not be reverted.

I rented the car, silly me, I could have walked away and get a car from National, but no, I had to get the car, but then, it dawned on me I could return the car the next day, and will be charged about 50% of the rate, right? WRONG, I was charged 95.00.

In a nutshell, I am not pleased with DOLLAR, and hopefully I will not forget the lesson learned, and not rent form it ever again.

Thanks for being such profitable company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2013 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Rent-A-Car/Houston-Texas/Dollar-Rent-A-Car-Jacked-up-the-rental-rate-100-Houston-Texas-1111226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Rent A Car

Confused...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

- Wasn't your orgiginal rental for 1 day?  So why would it all of the sudden dawn on you that if you return it the next day you would only be charged 50% of the rate?  Could it be that when you changed the drop-off location you also changed the length of the rental(which would change the cost) and just failed to put that into this report?

But then you complain you were expecting to be charged about 50%(of the $172.20?) that leaves you with about $86.  You were charged $95 or about $9 more.  Did this extra include fees or taxes that were not in the original cost?  Did you purchase any insurance that wasn't in the original total?  Did you fill the tank?  Did you end up dropping it off at another location.  If so that could be the "drop fee".