Complaint Review: Dollar Rent A Car

• Submitted: Mon, April 15, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: HWilliams — Claremont California
Dollar Rent A Car
1 Airport Rd, Little Rock Airport, Little Rock, AR Little Rock, Arkansas United States of America

Dollar Rent A Car Fraudulent insurance charges Little Rock, Arkansas

I reserved a car with this company  and was helped out by a man who introduced himself as Robert . He asked me whether I wanted insurance  through the company  and I declined  He then. inquired about the insurance company I was using and I told him AAA . At that point he tried to scare me into renting a bigger car, telling me the road conditions were dangerous and reiterated his recommendation that I buy additional insurance through his company . I declined again .  He asked me to initial a series of lines on a touchpad  in order to  decline coverage. He then pointed to a page on printout of a portion of the contract and said I should initial this line to decline a damage waiver charge. I did so and when I later it look at that receipt they had given me , it turned out that Robert had tacked on the coverage anyway at $22 extra per day plus tax.  When I complained, the company refused to acknowledge that this had happened , would not remove the extra  charges from my bill.  I asked to speak to a manager, and they said he was not in the office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Rent-A-Car/Little-Rock-Arkansas-92202/Dollar-Rent-A-Car-Fraudulent-insurance-charges-Little-Rock-Arkansas-1043560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Rent A Car