Complaint Review: Dollar Rent A Car

• Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By: Unhappywa — Covington Washington
Dollar Rent A Car
Los Angeles, California USA

Dollar Rent A Car Broken Down Vehicle in middle of Hwy 10W, No full refund Los Angeles California

I have rented from Dollar for 15yrs...  On Sunday May 26th I rented a mini Van that broke down in middle of Hwy 10 west and was almost hit by several cars traveling... I man stopped to help get vehicle to shoulder of the road...  with screaming upset children in van and it being 80 degrees we sat along side of the HWY.. I immediately contacted Dollar to send roadside help and they said they would be sending someone out immediately... Well,  the Hwy Patrol sent a tow truck out to our location and said that we were in a very dangerous situation with car potentially hitting us from behind...

I explained that dollar was on their way to us and bringing us another vehicle and I didn't want them to not find us....  Under protest he agreed to take my children to another location and leave me with tow truck driver and my kids didn't want to leave....  He asked to me call Dollar again and let them know that they had 20min to get there or he would tow us....  after 2hrs of waiting dollar showed up with another van...

I was told in each conversation with customer service that i would not be paying for the rental for this situation...  When I returned van at the location a day early they charged me for full rental and said we never ever do that...  I explained the dangerous situation we were in and the fact that I saved them from the cost of towing the van and DION the manager said nope we don't do that ....  Gave me the number for customer service at corp. and sent me on my way...

I called 1st thing the next morning and explained the situation to the customer serverice rep and KEESHA said that they would only credit me back for 1 day and that I did receive a new van..  I asked to speak to a manager and she said this is as far as you can go and their policy is to never credit back full amounts... She told me I could dispute charges with my visa!!!  Thank you for calling Dollar... I was never disrepectful or threating to either Dion or Keesha.. I was very calm and level headed...  THis is the worst customer care I've ever received and will NEVER EVER RENT FROM DOLLAR AGAIN>>>>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Rent-A-Car/Los-Angeles-California/Dollar-Rent-A-Car-Broken-Down-Vehicle-in-middle-of-Hwy-10W-No-full-refund-Los-Angeles-1054745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Rent A Car