Complaint Review: Dollar Rent a Car Fort Myers Airport Location

• Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: RM — Paramus New Jersey United States of America
Dollar Rent a Car Fort Myers Airport Location
11009 Terminal Access Road Fort Myers, Florida United States of America

Dollar Rent a Car Fort Myers Airport Location Deceptive practices regarding add on charges at location counters and verbal deception Fort Myers, Florida

I recently booked a car rental with Dollar via my credit card rewards program.  Upon taking out the car  rental at the counter I was asked about optional services and explained to the desk rep that the car would be driven very few miles during the week and I didn't wish to purchase any additional coverages or services.  He yes'd me to death at the counter and silly me signed a bunch of on screen waivers that he helped me click quickly through to get to the receipt.  When handed the receipt that reflected an additional $365 in charges I again explained that I had booked the car with rewards points and was told verbally that the receipt just showed the breakdown of the charges that were included in my rental and not that this would  be charged to my card.  Two weeks later, I see the card has been charged the $365 and when I called to question I was told by Dollar Rent a Cars Corporate office that I signed the onscreen waivers at the desk and they would file a complaint with the manager of the branch but that was all they would do as I signed the waivers.  I have never experienced such a n appalling case of a corporation allowing and supporting deceptive practices.  I will be taking action and filing complaints but do regret not researching them and this more before using Dollar as I see  many have experienced similar deceptive practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Rent-a-Car-Fort-Myers-Airport-Location/Fort-Myers-Florida-33913/Dollar-Rent-a-Car-Fort-Myers-Airport-Location-Deceptive-practices-regarding-add-on-charge-975996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Rent a Car Fort Myers Airport Location