Complaint Review: Dollar Rent-a-car

• Reported By: Al — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
Dollar Rent-a-car
5630 Los Angeles, California United States of America

Dollar Rent-a-car Overcharged fuel fill-up Los Angeles, California

I rented a full-size car through Dollar (I think it was a Ford Escape) for $97 for three days from 31 Aug - Sep 3.  I took the option of filling it up with gas, knowing they would charge me $9 a gallon if it wasn't full.  I was tight on time after dropping my fiancee off to catch her flight.  The tank showed nearly half full.  I did the math and figured it would be about 10 gallons max, so I decided I would have to eat the $90 fuel charge.  Except I just saw they charge my card $288!  That means they charged me $191 for the gas they put in.  What a bunch of jerks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2012 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Rent-a-car/Los-Angeles-California-90045/Dollar-Rent-a-car-Overcharged-fuel-fill-up-Los-Angeles-California-937703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Rent-a-car