Complaint Review: Dollar Store Services

• Updated: Wed, August 07, 2013

• Reported By: T. Stevenson — Hammond Indiana USA
Dollar Store Services
5075 W. Diablo Dr. Ste. 200 Internet United States of America

Dollar Store Services Discount Retail Store Services, LLC, Dollar Store Service Inc of Las Vegas Nevada STOLE MY $5000.00 Internet

*Author of original report: PLeased to Announce

*Author of original report: Dollar Store Service update

*UPDATE Employee: REFUND OFFERED AND AVAILABLE

*UPDATE Employee: sales rep

*Consumer Comment: Dollar Store Services RipOff

Dollar Store Service Inc of Las VegasNevada STOLE MY $5000.00.  It is NOT a honorable company and DO NOT TRUST THEM!

I live in a small town; Hammond, Indiana just outside Chicago.  Im married with three daughters.  I have worked hard all my life saving money as I could; to one day open my own business.  I was surfing the internet looking at business opportunities when I came across an opportunity that seemed possible, a Dollar Store.  I spoke with the people at Dollar Store Services 5075 W. Diablo Dr. Ste. 200 Las Vegas, NV 89118 (old address: 4505 W Hacienda Ave, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109), in an attempt to get a feel for the type of people I would possibly be working with.  Everything seemed okay and I sent Dollar Store Services a $5000 deposit.  They started looking for locations and at the same time looking for financing.

All the locations they found were unsatisfactory, either in poor traffic areas or malls that were run down and dying.  The location search went on for several months with no success.

Dollar Store Services introduced me to a company called Unsecured Solutions.  Unsecured Solutions assisted me in applying for several different loans.  The loans which would be use to finance my Dollar store business.  Keep in mind Dollar Store Services nor Unsecured Solutions made loans directly to me, they introduce me to 3rd party lending companies, which were only able to find approximately half of the total money needed to fund the project.

At that time I started working with Dollar Store Service I was employed with a good salary.  Unfortunately in November 2008 my company closed forever, leaving me unemployed with no source of income.  I informed the Dollar Store Services of my situation and requested a refund of my $5000.  I was informed by Steven Grammer that Dollar Store Services had fulfilled its responsibilities and did not owe a refund.

First they did not fulfill their responsibilities; they never found a suitable site and never got the total amount needed to fund the project.

With no site, not enough funding and no source of income to sustain the new start up business I could not continue with my dream.  I tried to explain this to Steven Grammer that I needed this money to take care of my family during this very difficult time as all my savings were gone.  To date they have not returned the money I so desperately need or responded to the emails  Ive sent, requesting the money be returned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2009 10:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Store-Services/internet/Dollar-Store-Services-Discount-Retail-Store-Services-LLC-Dollar-Store-Service-Inc-of-L-524671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Store Services

PLeased to Announce

AUTHOR: T. Stevenson - (USA)

I have received my refund, John Lafronz General Manager of Dollar Store Services is a man of his word....... A Hugh Thanks To Rip-off Report, your system works!!!!!

Dollar Store Service update

AUTHOR: T. Stevenson - (USA)

After receiving notification Dollar Store Services General Manager John Lafronz had posted a message on this site for me to contact him, I did. I called, left a message and he responded in a reasonable amount of time. He stated he had been trying to contact me to refund my deposit. We talked briefly, he came across as sincere and concerned.  I gave him my contact information and he stated I should receive my refund in a few days.  Today is Friday April 29, 2010, so I'm looking forward to my refund some time between May 3 and May 7.  I will update upon receipt. - T. Stevenson  Hammond, IN

REFUND OFFERED AND AVAILABLE

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

THIS REPORT IS ACCURATE IN THAT WE DID FIND THE FUNDING FOR THIS INDIVIDUAL TO DEVELOP HIS DOLLAR STORE. WE PROVIDED HIM WITH THE LENDERS AND PROVIDED THE LENDERS WITH THE NEEDED INFORMATION FOR THEM TO APPROVE HIS FUNDING.  UNFORTUNATELY, HIS CREDIT WORTHINESS WAS SUCH THAT HE COULD NOT SECURE ALL THE FUNDS REQUIRED FOR THE SIZE STORE HE WANTED TO OPEN, AND WOULD NOT CONSIDER A SMALLER STORE.  HE SUBSEQUENTLY FELL OUT OF COMMUNICATION FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, LATER ADVISING US THAT HE HAD USED THE FUNDS WE HAD ASSISTED HIM IN SECURING FOR LIVING EXPENSES.

I HAVE PERSONALLY ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT THIS INDIVIDUAL STARTING IN MID 2009 TO PROVIDE HIS REFUND TO HIM--ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS THAT WE HAVE FOR HIM ARE NOT IN SERVICE.  IN NOVEMBER OF 2009, WE SENT A CERTIFIED LETTER REGARDING HIS REFUND TO HIS LAST KNOWN PHYSICAL ADDRESS AND EMAILED THAT LETTER TO HIM, AS WELL.  TO DATE, WE HAVE HAD NO RESPONSE.  I WOULD WELCOME HEARING FROM HIM AT 1-800-829-2915 X134 SO THAT I CAN GET HIS REFUND TO HIM.  SHOULD ANY READER HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS MATTER, I STAND READY TO SPEAK TO THEM, AS WELL.

JOHN LAFRONZ

GENERAL MANAGER

DOLLAR STORE SERVICES

sales rep

AUTHOR: Garry birge - (USA)

call your sales rep if he is still there

Dollar Store Services RipOff

AUTHOR: fariedm - (United States of America)

I have had the same experience with dollar store services in las vegas, nevada. They have also found unsatisfatory locations that were asking for too much rent and to long of a commitment. I only wanted a 1 year lease, they could not find one.  After several months of going no where, I wanted my refund. John Lafronz told me he would refund half my money and use the other half for potential future bussiness. I told him I did not want to deal with him or his company. Dollar Store Services candy coated their story right from the start stating that if a location to my liking was not found that I would be refunded my 5000 dollar deposit. They are scammers and liars. I am not going to take this from them sitting down. I am a in a financial position to Sue. I recommend to anyone who gets scammed by them to send them a certified letter requesting your refund. Give them 30 days, this is fair. If they do not refund, then your only choice is to Sue them. Your certified return reciept letter will serve proof in court of their unwillingness to fullfil their end of the contract, thus prooving breach of contract.