Complaint Review: Dollar Thrifty

• Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: NeMaC — Cardiff Other United Kingdom
Dollar Thrifty
1 BELL BLVD ENFIELD, Nova Scotia United States of America

Dollar Thrifty DTAG BEWARE HIDDEN CHARGES AND RETENTION OF YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS ENFIELD, Nova Scotia

I'd booked online from the UK. The first blow was the recent introduction of their new fuelling policy that was initially brought to my attention as I queued to collect my vehicle. Instead of bringing the vehicle back with a full tank you now had to bring it back empty. This is great for DOLLAR because, a) they know if you're on your way back to the airport you ain't going to risk running out of gas, you'll play safe and put more in than necessary; b) regardless of a) they'll still charge you for a full tank plus at a much higher cost than the local gas station would.

Also they asked if I wanted extras, sat nav, dvd players, etc., I said no but lo and behold the vehicle I was given already had them fitted. Great for me but only because I didn't have to pay for them, how many others are suckered not realising that they're already fitted to some vehicles, I wonder.

The company will also retain your credit card details without your implicit agreement and then pretend it's part of the contract you signed with them. Funny because I can't find it specifically mentioned.

I would really think twice about using this company in the future. Their intial prices look very favourable but they'll use underhand tactics to get more money out of you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Thrifty/ENFIELD-Nova-Scotia-B2T-1K3/Dollar-Thrifty-DTAG-BEWARE-HIDDEN-CHARGES-AND-RETENTION-OF-YOUR-CREDIT-CARD-DETAILS-ENFIEL-997209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Thrifty