Complaint Review: Dollar Tree and Oralabs

• Submitted: Fri, July 08, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, July 08, 2011

• Reported By: Michael — Chesapeake Virginia U.S.A.
Dollar Tree and Oralabs
500 Volvo Parkway Internet United States of America

Dollar Tree and Oralabs Dollar Tree sells Icy Breeze Cinnamint, a breath spray made by Oralabs that can be dangerous to your health! Internet

Recently I used a product called Icy Breeze Cinnamint, a breath spray sold by Dollar Tree and manufactured by Oralabs, Inc.  My throat immediately became sore and within hours I found my mouth on fire. I could hardly swallow and was spitting blood. I went to a Patient First, a medical facility and they diagnosed it as a first degree chemical burn. They made me call my wife and sent me to the Hospital emergency room. The ER also diagnosed my condition as a first degree chemical burn. By 1 am I was allowed to go home. During the next few days the skin on the inside of my mouth began to peel and I lost my sense of taste. My taste returned after 3 weeks however. Thank God.

The next day I wrote to dollar Tree and told them what happened. Later I was contacted not by Dollar tree but by a Validation engineer from Oralabs. He was nice and asked me what happened. He sent me a few questions to answer such as the name of the product and the lot and expiration numbers from the bottom of the spray bottle. He also asked that I return the bottle to him for testing.

A week later I get a letter in the mail from an insurance company telling me that my "claim" was denied and made a reference to an allergic reaction. I have never been allergic to anything in my life and have used breath sprays for years.

The doctors told me that the ingredients contain cinnamon and alcohol and that in the incorrect ratio either of these things can do what happened to me.

So my answer to their failure to accept responsibility is to tell the consumers out there to beware. This product can seriously harm you and obviously there is nothing you can do about it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2011 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Tree-and-Oralabs/internet/Dollar-Tree-and-Oralabs-Dollar-Tree-sells-Icy-Breeze-Cinnamint-a-breath-spray-made-by-Or-750754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Tree and Oralabs