Complaint Review: Dollar Tree

• Submitted: Sun, April 12, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By:tucson Arizona
Dollar Tree
Speedway And Pantano Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

Dollar Tree RUDE-RACIST-DISHONEST Tucson Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: She was probably just a jerk

*Consumer Comment: DOLLAR TREE IS NOT RACIST! I SHOP THERE, MY DIVERSE GROUP OF FRIENDS SHOP THERE..WE DO NOT EXPERIENCE DISCRIMINATION!

*Consumer Comment: Discrimination???

Deal-wise, Dollar Tree is one of the best places to go. My wife, a teacher, likes to go there quite often and I like their great prices.

One day while shopping, my one year old somehow grabbed a one of those quick dinner packets (Deluxe Shells and Cheese Dinner). When at home we realized it was bought by mistake we decided to come back next day to exchange.
My wife bought some stuff and told the cashier about what happened and wanted to give it back....that's when she started to increase her voice, and started yelling at my wife when she kept insisting. Cashier lied and said she is the boss when requested to speak to the manager. She also lied and said for "health reasons" the store doesn't take back those things..??!

When I asked where does it state, she couldn't and didn't show me...receipt says, they gladly exchnage anything within 30days....when I called and talked to their corporate office the only thing they don't exchange is seasonal items...which it doesn't belong to. I also called the regional director, and left a message, her name was Charity...she never called back. I am probably will sue them in the small claims court for lying,etc. and discrimination (the cashier knew my wife was foreigner and decided to treat differently)

tucson, ArizonaU.S.A.

tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2009 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Tree/Tucson-Arizona/Dollar-Tree-RUDE-RACIST-DISHONEST-Tucson-Arizona-443034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Tree

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

She was probably just a jerk

AUTHOR: daftedpunk - (United States of America)

My guess is if your wife has the English speaking skills to teach, the cashier was just being a jerk. Also, its xenophobia not racism. Good luck in small claims with that one. But I did however work for the store, and we certainly did take sealed packages of food back for exchanges. Once someone bought a stick of jerky, realized they got the wrong flavor when they opened and bit into it, and we exchanged that. Sounds like the cashier was being a real douche.

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE TO THIS THAT IS NOT BEING TOLD.

LET'S SEE, IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF DOLLAR TREE FOR YOUR FAILURE TO CONTROL YOUR CHILD SO SHE DOESN'T GRAB UP THINGS.

MAYBE IN THE PROCESS OF GRABBING, SHE OPENED UP THE CONTAINER OF WHAT SHE GRABBED. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE THAT BACK AND GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK! I WONDER IF THEY MADE YOU PAY FOR IT AND THEN YOU TRIED TO BRING IT BACK THE NEXT DAY.

NOW THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE.

AND RACE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

HUMANITY HAS BEEN ON THIS PLANET SO LONG AND EVERYONE HAS INTERMINGLED SO MUCH THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PURE RACE ANYMORE. JUST A FEW VARIATIONS IN THE SKIN COLOR OUTSIDE.

Ripoff Report Verified Safe

tucson, ArizonaU.S.A.

THIS IS PURE GARBAGE!

WE HAVE ALL SORTS OF EMPLOYEES HERE AT OUR DOLLAR TREE AND ALL SORTS OF CUSTOMERS TOO.

MY FRIENDS AND I --AFRICAN AMERICANS, CHINESE, JAPANESE, INDIANS FROM INDIA, MUSLIMS ( CONSERVATIVE NOT RADICAL MUSLIMS), WHITE AND HISPANIC FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD SHOP THERE AND WE HAVE YET TO ENCOUNTER A "RACIST" INDIVIDUAL AT OUR DOLLAR TREE STORES!

WHY IS IT WHEN PEOPLE ARE AT FAULT WITH NOT OTHER RECOURSE THEY BEGIN TO YELL "RACISM" AND IT DOESN'T PERTAIN AT ALL IN THIS CASE.

I DON'T THINK A MAN WROTE THIS ANYWAY...

NICE TRY BUT YOUR LIES DON'T FLY.