Complaint Review: Dollar rent-a-car

• Reported By: Statsman58 — Berthoud Colorado United States of America
Dollar rent-a-car
4358 Cypress Road Saint Louis, Missouri United States of America

Dollar rent-a-car THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS!!!! Saint Louis, Missouri

When we picked up this car on August 29, 2012, we were not given the opportunity to inspect the car as we were rushed through our paperwork.   The forms were pushed in front of us to sign and hurry up because other customers were waiting.

The reason we were rushed is because the gentleman behind the desk upgraded our rental agreement and did not inform us of the additional costs; indicating we were getting an upgrade to another car at the contract rate on our rental agreement.  After all the paperwork was done, he presented us with the new contract rate of $495 for a four-day rental; over $250 higher than the contract rate we had agreed to.  We were shocked at this apparent slight of hand tactic, thinking we would just accept the new contractrate.  We declined the upgraded car.  At this time, a line of other customers was forming and tempers were heating up.

The gentleman then rushed through the paperwork getting us back to original contract vehicle, shoving papers in front of us, saying here, sign this and basically pushed us out the door.  When I got to the car, I did look over the car but it was 11:00pm and it was dark and the car is black in color; I did not see the damage at this time.  We drove the car to our destination that night and parked it.   There was no one in front of us where we parked.  The next day, in the morning light, I noticed the damage and called the Cypress Dollar location to report the damage.  The phone rang and rang but no one answered.

When I returned the car, I explained this situation to the woman at the desk at your Cypress location.  I informed her that the damage was already on the car and that I was not responsible for it.  She said that someone would examine the car and contact me.

I have rented cars for over 30 years and this was by far my worst experience.  I had not rented from Dollar in the past but decided to try out a Dollar car.  I am hoping that someone there would do the right thing and see that this rental experience had not been handled appropriately and not attempt to falsely hold us accountable for this damage.

Unfortunately, they ignored my requested and sent my case to their 'claims management' company.  do NOT rent from these CROOKS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-rent-a-car/Saint-Louis-Missouri-63074/Dollar-rent-a-car-THESE-GUYS-ARE-CROOKS-Saint-Louis-Missouri-949471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar rent-a-car