Complaint Review: Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental

• Submitted: Thu, March 01, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 06, 2012

• Reported By: James — Huntington Sta New York U.S.A.
Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
1000 PBI APO #138 West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental DTG Operations dba Dollar Rent a Car Dollar/Thrifty Car Rentals Unethical Business Practices! West Palm Beach, Florida

*Author of original report: Finally Made Whole Again!

*Author of original report: Dollar/ Thrifty Car Rental Company Did The Right Thing!

I rented a car from Dollar/Thrifty on February 26, 2012 and picked up the car Feb 27, at Palm Beach Fl. International airport. The cost of the rental was $152.00 for 7 days.

At the service counter I gave my confirmation to the agent and proceeded with the formalities. On completion of all paperwork I asked the agent questions regarding early return and returning the car to another airport. He said "that would not be a problem" and I asked" if I would get credit if I didn't use the car for the full 7 days? He said yes.

I returned the car to Daytona Beach Airport on Feb 29, 2012 and I was charged not the $152.00 for 7 days, now $190.75 for 2 days rental.

I called customer service to question the inflated price and the representative said there was a drop charge, daily rate was changed to higher amount. I said, when I picked up the car at West Palm Beach Airport and asked the agent he never mentioned anything about a drop charge and higher daily rate.

When I called back to speak to a supervisor no luck, the Agent said I should have read the contract, and I said how long before customers behind me would put up with that.

The incompetence of these employees is sad and the company's upper management is lacking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DollarThrifty-Car-Rental/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33406/DollarThrifty-Car-Rental-DTG-Operations-dba-Dollar-Rent-a-Car-DollarThrifty-Car-Rentals-847173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental

Finally Made Whole Again!

AUTHOR: James - (USA)

After speaking to about 4 customer service representative I found one with integrity, and she gave me the proper adjustments to my credit card.

Dollar/ Thrifty Car Rental Company Did The Right Thing!

AUTHOR: James - (USA)

After 3-4 calls to different customer service agents I was reimbursed drop-off charges and the daily rate charge.

Even though I had the aggravation of dealing with this problem, I feel there are "SOME" people with integrity at this company.