Complaint Review: Domain Registry Of America

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2008

• Reported By:Centennial Colorado
Domain Registry Of America
2316 Delaware Ave #266 Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

Domain Registry Of America - DROA Deceptive letters, Look like bills, Don't stop when request made Buffalo New York

I am also being bombarded by Domain Registry of America. Last year (around this time) I received a notice from them stating that I could switch to them for savings (even though my domain is provided free of charge by my hosting company). After that, I contacted DROA directly via email to request removal from their mailing list. I received a message the next day from them stating that I had been removed from their mailing list. After that, I shredded the letter, confidant I would never hear from them again.

Well, that changed yesterday. I received yet another Domain Name Expiration Notice from them for the same domain. This is exactly the same letter I received from them last year - the only items to change were the prices and the year. I have since emailed their support again and am waiting to hear back from them. However, the really funny thing about this letter? It's still using the same info that they scraped from a WHOIS report last year, which is incorrect now.

mattfast1
Centennial, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2008 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Domain-Registry-Of-America/Buffalo-New-York-14216-2687/Domain-Registry-Of-America-DROA-Deceptive-letters-Look-like-bills-Dont-stop-when-requ-300559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Domain Registry Of America