• Report: #552057

• Updated: Sun, January 10, 2010

• Reported By: Nancy — Quogue New York United States of America
Domain Renewal Group
2316 Delaware Avenue #266 Buffalo, New York United States of America

Domain Renewal Group Domain Registry of America; droa.com Send no money! These people are rip-off and scam artists! Buffalo, New York

Last May I received a very official looking "Domain Name Expiration Notice" from Domain Renewal Group, warning me that "failure to renew your domain name ... may result in a loss of your online identity...". I went to their website and "renewed" with Domain Renewal Group, charging $30 for 1 year to my business credit card.

A month or two later, I received my regular email invoice from GNS Domains, which has provided my domain registration satisfactorily for many years. I renewed my domain registration with GNS Domains (for $15 a year!) and asked them to explain what was going on.

I received an answer from GNS Domains that same day, reassuring me that my registration with them is good for the coming year. They also said that Domain Renewal Group is a competitor using questionable tactics to try to lure people to switch to them. The official-looking "Renewal Notice" has fine print on the back stating that it's really a "transfer"!

I have emailed Domain Renewal Group requesting the return of the $30 I sent them for absolutely nothing, even saying that I would like to believe it was just an 'error' on their part. They have not responded. DON'T SEND MONEY to DOMAIN RENEWAL GROUP! THEY'RE JUST THIEVES!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2010 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Domain-Renewal-Group/Buffalo-New-York-14216-2687/Domain-Renewal-Group-Domain-Registry-of-America-droacom-Send-no-money-These-people-are-552057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Domain Renewal Group