Complaint Review: Domain Tools

• Reported By: Halo807 — Memphis Tennessee United States of America
Domain Tools
2211 5th Ave Suite 201 Seattle, Washington United States of America

Domain Tools Using my copyrighted image without permission. Seattle, Washington

I make my living as an artist and photographer. I found one of my photos being used by Domain Tools as a place holder for a web site that was not yet built. They took it without my permission and even cropped my copyright off of it.

I emailed and nicely asked them to take it down. They wrote back and said they would not, they did nothing wrong and unless they received a letter from a lawyer, it was staying up, and if I wanted to do that, directed me to deal with their registered agent of service. I explained that it was against the law to do this, and it impacts my business as it is open for others to steal and do what they want also especially with my copyright removed. They have ceased communication.

I contacted a lawyer who said it would be $300 - $700 to send them a letter. I can't afford that. I tried calling Domain Tools to nicely reason with them but there is a message saying unless you are a paying customer, they will not answer the phone. They also hide their web site host information so you can't go there either.

Stay away from this company they have no morals and are not familiar with copyright laws nor are they interested in learning.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Domain-Tools/Seattle-Washington-98121/Domain-Tools-Using-my-copyrighted-image-without-permission-Seattle-Washington-1013942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Domain Tools