• Report: #719211

Domestic Linen
3401 Covington Rd. Kalamazoo, Michigan United States of America

Domestic Linen False contract Kalamazoo, Michigan

*General Comment: What has happened since

Karen Schma a representative from Domestic Linen came into my place of business to try to get me to take services from Domestic Linen.  I took price quotes from her.  She told me it would be $30 to $35 a week she wasn't quite sure because she wasn't sure how many towell I would go through.  I asked her if there was a contract because I only had a 6 month lease on the building.  She told me I only needed to give the sales rep a 30 day notice to quit service.  She had me sign a paper stating that I was allowing the salesman to bring product into the building.  I was going to start service in about 5 weeks.  In about 4 weeks I received a letter in the mail with a 5 year contract and a weekly bill of $126.50.

I called Domestic Linen and told them I did not sign this 5 year contract.  He asked me if that was my signature on the paper.  I said yes but that was not the paper that I signed.  I told him that I did not do business like this and I did not want their services.  He said you signed a contract and if you don't take the service I will be in a breach of contract and they would have to make me pay.

I immediately called a lawyer.  In the mean time I recieved a letter from their lawyer stating I owed them over $16,000 and they wanted payment within a week.

I of course did not pay because I don't owe them anything.  I never took one towell or service from them.  I recieved a arbitration letter.  I don't know how a company can do this when it is completely fraudulent.

I did not sign a contract.  I have lost sleep over all this and my 2 young children are having to go through this nightmare with me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2011 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Domestic-Linen/Kalamazoo-Michigan-48001/Domestic-Linen-False-contract-Kalamazoo-Michigan-719211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Domestic Linen

#1 General Comment

What has happened since

AUTHOR: derek - ()

Hi

Im in a similar situation with Domestic. What has happened since this post? Thanks for the help...