Complaint Review: Dominici Tree Service

• Updated: Fri, February 04, 2011

• Reported By: Ticked — Norwalk Connecticut United States of America
Dominici Tree Service
Norwalk, Connecticut United States of America

Dominici Tree Service Anthony Dominici Dominicis Dominici's Darlene Dominici Firewood Scam Norwalk, Connecticut

I felt the need to post so that there was not only one report against this company. You can search for the others. I purchased a full cord of wood upon measuring called to complain. I was getting no where and was going to just chalk it up to buyer beware experience until I tried to burn some of the wood and it steamed like crazy and actually had water dripping out of it.

I called Dominici's to complain again and they claimed this has never happened before to them (yeah right).Upon getting hung up on by Anthony and then Darlene I called back. Darlene agreed to swap the wood by the next week.

Fast forward a week later I call to see why I hadn't had the wood swapped and Anthony claims he would never swap the wood. After some talking he says he will deliver more wood but not give a refund or swap for dry wood claiming his wood is properly seasoned. I ordered a moisture meter the wood reads at over 30% ! Even with this I figure more wood is at least getting something more for my money.

A week later I still had no more wood and I see another ad on craigslist for Dominici's firewood. I email the craigslist email address asking when my additional wood will be delivered because they are now screening my calls. Darlene writes back that they only said they would swap the wood not give more. After a few back and forths I tell her she should tlak to her son because they obviously don't know how to run a business.

I haven't heard from them to this day. I too did some research and found out about Anthony, his arrests, and a whole lot of information about who he is. It's amazing what people put up online thinking no one will find it.

I am going to chalk this up to a bad experience and hope this add prevents others from getting ripped off. Do not do business with the family.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2011 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominici-Tree-Service/Norwalk-Connecticut-/Dominici-Tree-Service-Anthony-Dominici-Dominicis-Dominicis-Darlene-Dominici-Firewood-Scam-691019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominici Tree Service