Complaint Review: Dominion Financial

• Submitted: Mon, December 06, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, December 06, 2004

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
Dominion Financial
Po Box 1891 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Dominion Financial, First Life ripoff Champlain New York

Well my husband was called early this month, pay the $279 and you'll get a $5,000 credit card limit.

Few years ago, if you had bad/ poor credit you COULD get an unsecured credit card, after paying about $250, so it seemed legit. Though with times changing things aren't so legit anymore and they are getting good with their wording. So for some reason I decided to look them up; I was just curious. Low and behold, I found this website and a BUNCH of postings about this company.

A few days go by, I get a call from "First Life," saying I could get a credit card with a limit of $2500, after paying $299.95. So I told her I wanted a phone number so I could get back with her, after I look up the company on the internet because there are so many scams out there. After I tell her this she says we are listed on the BBB, (I'm thinking the Better, or Bad business bureau?), anyway she tells me I cannot reach her, I can only have the 866-871-5224, customer service number. And she'll call me tomorrow.

Well I go and look that up... and it's new, barely even being listed but yet, I found it, it is also listed as a BAD ONE. Maybe even the same company, since it is also out of Champlain, NY.

Anyway my husband called our bank, and they are sending us a dispute information form, we'll fill it out and send it back. I don't know what'll happen, BUT Beware of "First Life" as well.

We never got our package. And though it sounds like after reading thse posts, that they are sending out "loadable" limit cards, who wants to pay $280 for a loadable card!? Not to mention they make it seem like you first applied for this card and second like you have been already approved for the amount, PRE-loaded.

Stephanie
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2004 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominion-Financial/Champlain-New-York-12919/Dominion-Financial-First-Life-ripoff-Champlain-New-York-121459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominion Financial