Complaint Review: Dominion Financial

• Submitted: Thu, September 23, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, September 23, 2004

• Reported By:teaneck New Jersey
Dominion Financial
Champlain NY 12919 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Dominion Financial ripoff dishonest business Champlain New York

I received a call from a representative telling me I had just been approved for a Mastercard with a $5000 limit. He told me it was some kind of program to help me improve my credit in such way that within 90 days, everything I applied for would be approved guaranteed.

He then told me all I needed to get approved for this card which had no fees was a valid checking account. I proceeded to give him my account # and he then told me his supervisor would call me back to confirm that the information I provided was correct.

When the supervisor called he then told me that there would be a one-time fee of $279.00 to be automatically debited from my account within 2 weeks. He also said that if the funds where not available my bank would charge me the insufficient funds fee and they would go ahead and debit the money anyway.

As we wrapped the conversation up he then asked me where was my bank located, when I told him it was in NY he told me that I couldn't participate in the program because NY banks have a monopoly on their accounts that would make me not eligible, he then suggested that I switched my bank to a NJ branch and give them a call back.

When I asked for the number he only gave me an area code and 3 digits, he told me that he couldn't give me the last 4 digits because they changed pending approval, so he then said he would call me back the next day.

This all seem too odd to me since the first guy I spoke to told me they did business with my bank and then the second guy contradicted everything, I proceeded to call my bank and they told me this whole credit card stuff was a scam. I closed my account on the spot, luckily no money was withdrawn I just wanted to share my story and give everyone out there a word of advice, if you DO NOT recall applying for any cards/programs no matter how good it sound odds are is a scam. No one should call you at home and ask you for your checking account number if they do, and you give it to them, follow up with your bank immediately, I did and it saved me a headache as well as $279.

Teaneck, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2004 06:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominion-Financial/Champlain-New-York-12919/Dominion-Financial-ripoff-dishonest-business-Champlain-New-York-109732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominion Financial