Handle

• Submitted: Mon, July 16, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, January 19, 2010

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Dominion Law Associates
222Central Park Avenue Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 757-446-7540
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Dominion Law Associates Warrant in Debt ripoff Virginia Beach, Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Laugh at Them

I received notice from Dominion Law Associates on April 20, 2007 stating they were representing Midland Funding LLC, for my collection account, in the amount of $2861.64, owed to First North American National Bank. The letter stated that Dominion Law Associates would issue a judgment against me if I did not reply and set up payment arrangements.

I contacted Dominion Law Associates to set up arrangements and spoke with a woman named Mrs. Olds (ext. 630). We agreed upon a remittance schedule of $357.71 per month for a period of 8 months. My automatic check payments were set up to clear on the 15th of each month, beginning 05/15/07. Thus far the payments debited for the months of May and June have had no problem clearing, as my bank statements and check copies show.

However, today I received a Warrant in Debt notification from Henrico County General Disctrict Court as well as an accompanying letter from Dominion Law Associates. The Warrant in Debt notification incorrectly states the amount owed to be $2503.93, which equals the original total collection amount less one monthly remittance payment.

The accompanying letter, however, lists the amount owed as $2194.22, which equals the total collection amount less two monthly remittances (May and June). I have correspondence showing the agreed upon payment arrangements as well as the most recent letter stating that my next payment of $357.71 will draft on 07/15/07, or within the next two business days.

I want to know if this is legal? Dominion Law Associates had me sign and return a document stating that I agreed to the monthly payment in the amount of $357.71; which would pay off the the total amount of $2861.64 over a term of 8 months. I am willing to continue paying the $357.71 for the remaining 6 installments. I do want to know however, if they can issue me a "Warrant in debt" once arrangements were set up. Thank you for your help.

Michelle
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2007 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominion-Law-Associates/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23462/Dominion-Law-Associates-Warrant-in-Debt-ripoff-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-261277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominion Law Associates

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Laugh at Them

AUTHOR: DoNotBeIntimidated - (United States of America)

Do not let this folks intimidate you.  There is no warrant for debts.  Just ignore the letter.  They fish for folks that reply.  It is a numbers game.